HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!

tjsa

So, I haven't been around much recently, work issues, mom issues, life issues, but did get out fishing just before christmas and the weekend just before new years.

Caught squat just before xmas, caught a couple of walleye just before new years.

On to my topic.

Got home, packed everything away, and dropped the minnows in the downstairs bathroom(unfinished, basically brick walls, with a laundry tub and a toilet).

Got sick, bud called about going out again, but declined, and made mention of forgetting about the minnows, so they are probably all dead.

Still sick into the new year, totally forgot about the minnows, still in the bucket, with the lid on.

TODAY..................getting ready for fishing tomorrow, go to get bucket,.................??????????? the lid is still on............squirrel in cage starts to run,..........OOOOOHHHHHH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE GOOD!!!

Grab the Febreeze, pinch nose, open bucket......................................................................................................

Now you know what my topic title means.

That was the most vile, putrid, smell I have ever come across, and the visual of the morass in the bucket did not help.

I gotta say this, Febreze works, lol.

Between standing over the large garbage can in the basement, choking back the urge to hurl my cookies, the Febreze did its job.

I was able to go back in, and flush the putrid morass down the toilet, clean the bucket, flush the putrid morass down the toilet, along with blasting the downstairs toilet area with Febreze profusely again, and finally cleaned said bucket, with a very hefty dose of Comet bleach, twice, rinsed down twice in hot water, took the chance and took a hefty sniff.

Didn't have the urge to upchuck my breakfast, and thats a good thing, lol.

Forgotten worms and leeches in the fridge cannot compare, lol.

I now have a new respect for our law enforcement people who have to attend decaying bodies, corpses, etc. in certain situations.

The smell is just unreal.

Oh well, live and learn. Hope to have a report on Sunday of my buds and my adventure, going for lake trout just out of our district, where lakers are in season.

Tom

Definitely would have pitched it. rotting fish smell is pretty much impossible to get out. I left a bag of dead smelt in a backpack with my pike gear once, after washing the backpack three times and dousing it in every scent killer available, I had to pitch the bag.

I only have two that fit my sleigh, shorter than the normal 5 gallon ones, and if I could have found another in short order, I would have froze it and chucked it in the garbage, but, ..........................................................

... ask Spiel about his skien of Trout roe he forgot!

Those decayed and fermented minnows would have made a dang good stink bait for Catfish!!!... and the hurl you make when putting it on the hook is an excellent chum!!! :w00t:

....I feel for Tom, I really do. :whistling:

Skein's, worms, whole fish, it all went bad when me basement fridge was unplugged for a few weeks. I slimy stinking mass of goo just ripe for hurling into......

Thanks for the visual Glen. :wallbash:

I once left a bag of Finger mullet in the back of my work truck ( with a cap ) in July for a week . When I retruned for a trip to go back to work all my tools had a real bad rotten fish ordor . When I would trun the power tools on the smell got even worse . I had to place several cups of white vinger in the back to remove the smell took almost a month to disipate.