Troutnmuskyhunter.. stay on the road ! EDITED TO SHOW RETREIVAL!

irishfield

Steve...if you haven't left yet, be careful. Don't wanna these guys to be fishing your truck out as well. Don't have the full story yet... but figure the truck went down earlier and the ice is finally thick enough to support trying to haul it up. Looks like these guys have done this before!

photos.html_txt_where%20the%20truck%20went%20in.gif

photos.html_txt_starting%20to%20raise%20tripod.gif

photos.html_txt_raising%20the%20tripod.gif

photos.html_txt_ready%20to%20raise%20the%20tripod.gif

photos.html_txt_preparing%20to%20pull%20up%20the%20tripod.gif

photos.html_txt_completed%20tripod.gif

Edited by irishfield

Helped use one of those rigs before on Temagami to bring up an Alpine that went through the ice back when Paul and Julia use to run Temagami Lodge. I hope it wasnt one of the big plows they use up there cause I dont think that tripod would be big enough.

It's just a pick up with a plow on it.

The part that surprises me the most is the pulley anchored into the ice..instead of the cable just going up directly to the top...but I guess that keeps the pull angle below level so that the pulling trucks don't get there ass end lifted and it also negates pulling the tri-pod over.

Wow Wayne.....awesome pics....we didn't get to see the excitement but were told to be careful out there because a truck had gone though in ~80' of water at Bear Island!!!

What I got a kick out of was watching the tandem plow truck plowing the ice rd between Bear Island and the access rd....couldn't pay me enough to do that!!

wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a new truck

Truck's owned by the lads that built the whole thing. Doubt there was any direct financial cost to anyone other than the hours lost off of a cottage build that should have been going on... in a community like Temagami it's like a Menanite barn raising... you just show up and work. Divers... it's an opportunity to practice and doubt a $100 changed hands if that to cover the air in the tanks.

Plow is worth $7500 alone... GM truck.. not much I agree! LOL