Steelhead report - Saturday Jan 12

ccmtcanada

Ricoboxing and I have been trying to hook up for a few weeks now, but unfortunately, he had some errands to run, so at the last minute, I decided to head out on my own.

Well, with all the warm temps and lots of rain I was hoping that my local trib was higher than my ankles. I got down there at around 2pm and looked at the water. WOW!!! The levels were near normal! It was a bit dirty, but there was about a foot to 18" of visibility. I was glad I tied up larger roe bags in chartreuse and pink last night.

I also wanted to field test a new pack I bought on ebay just before Christmas. Here's a pic. The front pouch has lots of storage in it. It's very lightweight and comfortable. My camera, and all my tackle fit in there.

pack.jpg

I got this pack for $5.00 plus $14 in shipping, so I'm quite happy with it.

Anyhow, onto the fish. I went to one of my favourite spots and on the second drift, my float went down! Here's a pic of the fight on it's way in.

trout1.jpg

A few minutes later, this little guy came in.

smalltrout.jpg

There was nothing else coming in from that hole, so I moved along to another fav spot of mine and chatted with a guy fishing the opposite bank. I asked him how he's been doing and he said very slow. On my first drift, my float goes down and I landed a bigger one than my first.

trout2.jpg

About 10 minutes later, in that same spot, I land another smaller fish. I didn't care how big they were...I haven't caught a fish since November...LOL.

trout3.jpg

Anyhow...that was it...2 hours of fishing and 4 fish. I lost a few along the way for good measure as well, but it's sure felt good to hook into a few. Hopefully, this weather will hold up and I can get out a few times before the spring run.

WTG Cliff nice to see a report come in with so many of us grounded due to unsafe ice conditions.I wish we had fishin like that here,

One Day I will have to drive down there and give it a try.Nice pics and what a deal on the pac.

MTP

Edited by Mike the Pike

dam looks like i missed some action. hopefully i'll be able to get some in the morning!

Yeah...I was busy this morning and got your PM saying you had to be in TO this afternoon. Oh well....Let's hope for another warm weekend! Good luck tomorrow.

Well it's about dang time!!!

Great report and pics!!! Very nice lookin' Chrome! :thumbsup_anim:

So... how many 10 lb. Browns did Carole catch??? ;)

Hope to see more reports comin' from y'all now! :clapping:

Bly got ummm...none...cause I made her go to the grocery store so that I could have a nice hot meal ready on the table for me once I got in.

Uh....please dont tell her I said that...LOL.

Good to see that you got some fish Cliff!! I know your pain.... I haven't been out fishing in a week and I am dying here!!!

Dear Weather God,

PLEASE GET REAL COLD; REAL FAST... SO I CAN GO ICEFISHING....

I'm praying to the weather god as well...only I want night time temps of +1, rain, and daytime highs of at least 5C...LOL. I dont icefish, but love trib fishing.