Got Some Pike Slime in the Icehut Today

Mike the Pike

I planned a trip this week to a very small Lake in Alexandria Ontario in hopes of my son catching his first Pike.There was no early rising today we took our time because we know that Pike will bite any time of day.Temperature was plus one.

Think gas is high in Ontario look at this we are getting screwed in Quebec :wallbash: Extra taxes to fill the billions of pot holes in our province.

IMG_0336_1.jpg

I left Quebec at the early time of 9:09 dropped my daughter off in Delkeith and then my Son Ryan (who is 9)and I headed off to to Alexandria to renew my Ontario fishing licence.Stopped off at Canadian Tire they sell fishing licences right................WRONG :wallbash:

IMG_0337_1.jpg

The clerk at CTC says to drive to the next town Green Valley about 10kms out of my way :wallbash: .Arrived there payed for my new sportsman licence had a good chat with the owner of the store and Esso and we were back on our way.

Got to the lake packed up the sled and proceeded to the fishing grounds.

IMG_0338_1.jpg

My little man working really hard while I pulled the ice hut and and more stuff.

Man I am out of shape :stretcher:

IMG_0340_1.jpg

It wasn't really cold but my son insisted that we put up the hut and he wanted the coleman heater ready incase his feet get cold.

Well we were finally set up at 12:30pm and it was time to start fishing. :Gonefishing:

IMG_0341_1.jpg

IMG_0342_1.jpg

For those of you who don't know I have a big bright yellow survival suit and some

OFNers have found some names for me so I thought I would bring the Yellow tweetie bird with us.

IMG_0346_1.jpg

The waiting game had begun one hour and no fish.

IMG_0345_1.jpg

Ryan went outside to stretch his legs and I said no Ryan you can't pee in front of my ice shelter

find a far away place to PEE.

IMG_0347_1.jpg

Finally my skunk was dead .I had not caught a fish since October 27th,2007.

Ryan got to close with the camera um back up to snap the shot little buddy.

IMG_0350_1.jpg

A little dink but hey I will take it better than the dreaded skunk.

IMG_0351_1.jpg

Tried to release him down the hole where I had placed a tip up and he decided to do the banana.

picked it back up and down the hole it went.

IMG_0353_1.jpg

Pike number 2 showed up about 20 mins later .

IMG_0354_1.jpg

IMG_0356_1.jpg

Dink number 2 but I hope my boy gets the next one.

IMG_0359_1-1.jpg

The wind picked up and you can always count on the Coleman heater to keep you warm.

By now Ryan wants a Pike so badly he says Dad give me the swedish pimple on your line.

So what do I do I give him the whole rod with the lucky swedish pimple and a juicy lively minnow.

IMG_0361_1.jpg

The time finally came and Ryan's line goes for a scream and he comes flying off his seat yelling dad

I got one and its huge Dad it finally gets up to the hole but is stuck horizontally

you could here his excitement and it fianlly pops through the hole and we do the high five thing.

Outside for a picture and he tells me Dad you have to post my pike on OFC cause its my first pike of my life .

So here it is OFNers the happy boy with a million dollar smile.

At 4pm I tell my son we will call it a day at 4:30.

At around 4:10 I get a hit that almost rips my rod right out of my hand but no hook up.

This thing must of had sprinted at my line I tell ya got the heart pumping.

So at 4:24 pm I get the last dink of the day.

IMG_0365_1.jpg

IMG_0370_1.jpg

This Pike had an old battle scar he had like a double set of lips must of had his lip ripped open at one

time.

IMG_0371_1.jpg

Well the day had to end and Ryan said to take this picture for OFC to tell all he had a great day.

He wants to go back because he likes the way pike fight.

IMG_0372_1.jpg

Tweety had a good day also and had to say good night :Gonefishing:

IMG_0374_1.jpg

Filled up my Gas tank at a more reasonable price and headed back to Quebec where I promissed

my son a great big poutine at La Belle Province restaurant for catching his first pike.

What a priceless day my son enjoyed every moment. :thumbsup_anim:

Mike the Pike

Edited by Mike the Pike

WOW...Great fishing trip mike !!!!!...great report too. :whistling::w00t: ..and well the fishing pics of your son say it all man !!!!...he is one happy pike fisherman....thats sure a great trip for father & son,and mike you knew he was going to outfish you anyway. :worthy::worthy: .LOL..LOL. well you did better than dan,myself & bill parker we all got the bigt skunk,on simcoe today !!!! thanks for sharing mike.....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::clapping:

Great report and pics Hoser/Frog!!! Ryans fish looks heavier than any of yours, I'd say he got the BFOTD!

Ya gotta love the Pike, scrappy little Boogers no matter what size! :thumbsup_anim:

Live minnerz rule!!! :Gonefishing:

Pic #20 is the real you!!! :whistling:

That skunk is going to get home sick real quick, he'll be back to see you in a timely manner! :asshat:

Great report and pics Hoser/Frog!!! Ryans fish looks heavier than any of yours, I'd say he got the BFOTD!

Ya gotta love the Pike, scrappy little Boogers no matter what size! :thumbsup_anim:

Live minnerz rule!!! :Gonefishing:

Pic #20 is the real you!!! :whistling:

That skunk is going to get home sick real quick, he'll be back to see you in a timely manner! :asshat:

Actually Glen the little bugger made me weigh his Pike which was 1 pound 4oz .I never weighed my first 2 pike but he thought he had the old man beat on the last one but it was 2lbs even .I know its only a matter of time he will ou fish me again and yer right live minners rule.

Stopped in at the Curling Rink one day for a few beers. Very welcoming folks

Us Curlers are all welcoming folks, where else can you use strategy and skill enjoying a few wobbly's at the same time when your playing, visiting with good friends and family? The 9th end is always my faveroite of the evening.. :thumbsup_anim:

Awesome report Mike, love to see the kiddies having fun too. Cheers :clapping:

Edited by sturgman