Introduction

elee886

Thanks for the welcome from Stan. I forgot to introduce myself before posting, so here goes it.

I'm originally from Cobourg and currently live in Toronto. I started fishing as a kid in the seventies, so if I say "pickerel", I probably meant to say "walleye". :)

Seriously, lots of my best times with my dad have been out on the water. I expect to go steelheading with him on the weekend, weather permitting, so I'll try to post a report soon. I don't often take fishing photos, but I'll try my best.

Don't know if anyone's posted their New Year's resolutions yet, but mine are to get out ice fishing more often and to learn a little bit more fly tying from my dad.

Thanks for the great forum and Happy New Year!

Eric

Welcome to OFC Eric. It's a great crowd, you should provide an introduction of yourself too.

Thanks for the reminders on the on sun protection. I'd have to check to see if the bolle goggles have decent UV protection, I'd figured that the balaclava hid the skin enough and the long nose plyers in the fishing box would act as the cutters for the hooks. I definitely forgot to put the ice scoop down, thx. I try to use spoons and jigs without live minnows as much as possible. I guess if the kids aren't having fun, I'd pack it in and leave, whiney kids don't make fishing fun :rolleyes:

Stan