Thanks to all!

Headhunter

Well, way to many people to thank for the fantastic time I had over the weekend.

I got up 1/2 an hour before I went to bed on Friday morning, to be sure to be at the dock, thumb out lookin for a ride on Friday morning. Wayne (Irishfield) had graciously agreed to get me out on his new ride on Friday and man, what a ride. Someone described it at being a "Cadillac" and they weren't far off! Such a smooth riding boat, with all the bells and whistles, wow, fantastic are the only words to describe it!

The company was excellent, with Wayne, Terry and Dano... laughed a ton and that helped make up for the stripped little critter that followed us around that day!

I soon realized that I needed some new sunglasses as I couldn't find mine, so after the morning fish, I headed to CTC to pick up some stuff. I bought the best that Rapala has to offer, man am I ever one good lookin bugger in those shades!LOL

The others decided to head out for the afternoon fish, so after getting back to the cottage, I decided to have a bite to eat and to chill for a bit. There was a knock on the cottage door and in comes my new "brother from a different mother", Ted the gadget. FishnSled and I had a space open up in our cottage, actually, it was floor space, LOL and Ted had posted in hookups that he'd like to come but needed space. We connected and agreed and there he was! As Ted's un-packing, he says to me, I stopped at No Frills to pick up a snack for later and holds up a Pork Roast. I almost hugged him! He cooked it up and man, it was awesome! We really hit it off right away, anyone who crosses Ted's path, will be impressed with this guy, he's a great guy!

FishnSLed got held up at work Friday night and so Ted and I attended the various events taking place and had a ball! How can you have a bad time, when your laughing all the time!

Saturday, I was fortunate enough to hook up with Gerritt for the day. Again, laughing all day sure makes the skunk smell a whole lot better! Had a ball bud, let's do it again real soon.

After getting back with Gerritt it was time to start to get my pot luck contribution ready to go. I made some Aspargas roll ups on the BBQ and dropped them off at Mike the Pikes cottage. Wow, lots of food and some awsesome chili (DouG) a great time!

Sunday, FishnSled arrived at 6:00am, dragged my lazy butt out of bed to be greeted by a lovely north-east wind for our run over to Thompson Point. As everyone did, marked fish EVERYWHERE, but no takers!

Will, always a pleasure to fish with you! My other brother from a different mother!

Left Merlands around 2:00pm and arrived home at round 5:00pm, tired but very happy!

Folks, if you have never made it to a GTG, you really don't know what your missing! Folks who you have no idea who they are become friends within minutes, the jesting, laughs, knowledge etc... mind boggling!

I would like to express my appreciation especially to Irishfield, Gerritt and FishnSled for there generosity, you'd be hard pressed to find better folks to hook up with. You guys have put out enough good Karma for the next couple of years and I hope you get it all back in spades!

Some folks asked me to post the recipe for the Aspargas roll ups so here you are;

Ingredients:

Fresh aspargas

ripe and fresh red pepper

any sharp, firm chesse

procuitto, sliced

Marinade: enough to slightly cover the roll ups... experiment, you'll get it!

Olive oil

balsamic vinegar

kosher salt

crushed black pepper

tons of crushed fresh garlic

Clean and wash the aspargas. Slice the red pepper into thin slices and put aside. Cut the cheese into slices, about the same size as an individual aspargas.

(Hint - when buying and using the Procuitto, be sure to leave it out of the fridge for atleast an hour as it is easier to peel the slices out of the pack, when it's at room temp.

Lay one slice of Procuitto on a cutting board. Add three or four aspargas spears on top, one piece of red pepper and one piece of cheese. Roll this combo up and secure with a tooth pick.

Once you've rolled them all up, put them in a flat container and pour the combined marinade over top of the roll ups. They will keep in the fridge for about 4 days, and simply BBQ them, until they are brown all the way around. Best served right off the grill, grilling time varies based on heat, but no more than 10 minutes total on the BBQ. Best put these on last if your serving it with a steak etc...

Again, thanks so much to all that helped make my weekend and that of others such a great time!

HH

I would like to express my appreciation especially to Irishfield, Gerritt and FishnSled for there generosity, you'd be hard pressed to find better folks to hook up with. You guys have put out enough good Karma for the next couple of years and I hope you get it all back in spades!

I've fished with both Gerritt and Fishnsled and wholeheartedly agree that they both are great friends and fishing partners! As far as fishing with Wayne is concerned, I'll work on that one next year...LOL.

It was great to see you HH!! Hopefully we'll meet again at another G2G or for some family shore fishing fun....haha.