Bargain ( I think?)

Spiel

....Well I finally broke down and bought a snow blower (health issues necessitated it).

I purchesed this one yesterday. The price at $999.99 was offset by my having saved $305.00 in CTC funny money and a scratch and save event that netted me another $100.00 in CTC money refunded. I know many of you could or would rather wait for the white stuff but me, I'm looking forward to using my new machine. :D

....Well I finally broke down and bought a snow blower (health issues necessitated it).

I purchesed this one yesterday. The price at $999.99 was offset by my having saved $305.00 in CTC funny money and a scratch and save event that netted me another $100.00 in CTC money refunded. I know many of you could or would rather wait for the white stuff but me, I'm looking forward to using my new machine. :D

I don't think you'll regret your choice. I bought it's bigger brother a few years ago when my 25 year old Ariens calved on me. I used it for two winters then gave it to my son last winter as he had a much bigger drive to clear and the damned thing used up too much garage space. I then went out and bought it's baby brother, a better size for my garage and my drive size.

One suggestion in case you haven't already thought of it - while it's still squeaky clean get some industrial silicone spray and cover the inside of the bucket and the chute plus the auger and impeller. It helps keep snow from jamming up inside, especially in the chute. Dry snow's no problem, but the wet heavy stuff is a pita.

JF

One suggestion in case you haven't already thought of it - while it's still squeaky clean get some industrial silicone spray and cover the inside of the bucket and the chute plus the auger and impeller. It helps keep snow from jamming up inside, especially in the chute. Dry snow's no problem, but the wet heavy stuff is a pita. JF

Thanks John a great idea and no I hadn't thought of it.

That's a great deal! Have fun with the thing....and if you're ever in my neck of the woods, feel free to clear my driveway whenever you want. Free hot coffee inside when you're done....hehe.

Coffee! Ah you will be putting Baileys in it, right?

I had it all sorted and stacked in bundles of $50 Doug but still she counted every bill.

I'm just grateful no one was waiting in line behind me.

Looks good Chris, I'm buying one tomorrow, it's a toss up between an Ariens 6 HP and an MTD pro 8HP...decisions decisions :D

Maureen

Do yourself a favour Maureen, get an Ariens, it's quality, mines almost 40 years old and still working fine. You missed the sale last friday night at Home Depot, 15% off list, my son bought one for $930, tax in.