Extreme Walleye Fishing

douG

Somebody pull this ad real quick, it makes me sick already. If pulling this ad costs me $10 a month, just sign me up. This is not the image that I would like being distributed, nay, even promulgated, on this fine fine message board.

Lose this right away. I don't think that OFC needs this kind of support.

A "freezer full" of Walleye is a lot of fish. But it's also a figure of speech. Do you think that anyone on this planet actually goes there and expects to bring home a "freezer full" of fish? I wouldn't think so. And I can bet that it never has, nor ever will happen. It might be considered a bad choice of words in todays politically correct fishing world to a select few. But I'm not losing any sleep over this one. Let the ad stay where it is.

A ''freezer full of walleye' is a figure of speech. I understand that it is true that no one will actually go out and try to catch a ffow.

Substitute 'white bucket' for 'freezer' and what do you get? Is there a difference? I think there is, and I don't think the optics are good for your pov.

Please, rethink that banner. "Catch a White Bucket FULL of Walleye Every Time!". Still a figure of speech? I'd rather someone take a pail full than a full 22 cu ft deep freeze, despite the offers of your sponsor.

I believe that this sort of blather harms what we have. It also misdirects new Canadians in important ways, as we have seen north of Kingston with alleged poaching being interrupted by local folks. Our job is to educate, and it is clear that we have some work to do. Is it really only a 'select few' that feels like this?

Take it away, please.

Edited by douG