Georgian Bay Steelhead on Thursday

solopaddler

Tis the season folks :)

Headed north with a friend yesterday to fish again and man was it tough compared to last weekend!

Right now with the rivers so low it really is a game of timing, if you don't get any rain it's going to be

tough sledding.

Weather forecast was originally calling for a bit of rain overnight and some more during the day yesterday.

As it turns out we didn't get any rain and had to scratch and claw for the few fish we got...

Still, a great day to be out and the few fish that were caught were full of fight.

100_1766.jpg

100_1767.jpg

100_1768.jpg

100_1769.jpg

100_1771.jpg

100_1773.jpg

cheers, Mike

Some nice fish there Mike, considering the tough conditions.

I heard the long range forecast is calling for less precip than normal for the rest of the fall, so things may not get any better in the near future.

Course, you being a weather dude, you already knew that ;)

so 6 pictures 2 different fish?

Nate

What difference does it make kid?

If you're that concerned about it we landed a grand total of 5 fish between the two of us, rolled a couple more and hooked and lost a couple more one of which was quite large and snapped my tippet...

Those were the pic's that happened to be on my camera.

Some nice fish there Mike, considering the tough conditions.

I heard the long range forecast is calling for less precip than normal for the rest of the fall, so things may not get any better in the near future.

Course, you being a weather dude, you already knew that ;)

Thanks Lew, and yeah you're right about the weather, it doesn't look too promising long range.

I'm headed back this weekend for an overnighter with a good friend and his two young boys aged 8 and 9.

He's been trying to pin me down for a while now to help him take his boys steelheading and this is the weekend.

Based on how things went yesterday I think it'll be a blue eyed miracle if the boys get anything, but we'll giver 'er a go and you never know....

Beauty fish there Solopaddler.

All these posts you have been doing really makes me want to get back into river fishing. I used to do a lot but don't know of to many places around me that I can access without getting into trouble with land owners, since I moved in May. I also have a hard time juggling hunting and fishing this time of year, I usually choose hunting.

Good luck this weekend.

Please limit your pictures to one per fish caught. :rolleyes::whistling:

:D

say what

maybe everyone should post their personal rules as to not upset them

I know the board rules but I don't know all the personal rules..makes it hard to know what to do....LOL

Sweet Report and nice Pics..ALL OF THEM,...with beauty fish like that,...I would love to see 5 angles of each one...lol..seriously though...tuff go this year so far for sure....were u by chance very close to the mouth of the pareticular trib you were on? cuz up river I havent seen hardly any chrome off G-bay tribs yet this year!!!

WAIT I THOUGHT NATE WAS A EXPERT WITH TONS OF HOURS ON THE WATER he sould be posting or CATCHING fish right now, I know the real steelheaders are....

LETS SEE YOUR PICS

just my 2cents worth

Dave

Most steelhead fishermen are a slightly strange breed. They are highly protective of their fishery which is a limited and increasingly stressed resource. That's why you'll find 99% won't post on internet boards....

Here in Ontario rivers are getting increasingly crowded. Part of the solution to spread the numbers around would be for more Ontario fishermen to utilize the US fishery. Outstanding fishing in New York State and not such a long drive. Some of the bigger Erie tribs are amazing. What I'll do next week is get together a detailed summary of access to the better NY rivers with clear directions from Ontario. I'll also give the scoop on licenses and directions to some but not all the best access points. You'll have to work a bit of it out for yourselves ;)

I would encourage local fishermen to check out some of these rivers. I'm here to share which is what these boards should be all about and forgive me in advance if I don't post details of a couple of my favorite on my doorstep rivers :whistling:

Edited by Rainbow nut

Most steelhead fishermen are a slightly strange breed. They are highly protective of their fishery which is a limited and increasingly stressed resource. That's why you'll find 99% won't post on internet boards....

Here in Ontario rivers are getting increasingly crowded. Part of the solution to spread the numbers around would be for more Ontario fishermen to utilize the US fishery. Outstanding fishing in New York State and not such a long drive. Some of the bigger Erie tribs are amazing. What I'll do next week is get together a detailed summary of access to the better NY rivers with clear directions from Ontario. I'll also give the scoop on licenses and directions to some but not all the best access points. You'll have to work a bit of it out for yourselves ;)

I would encourage local fishermen to check out some of these rivers. I'm here to share which is what these boards should be all about and forgive me in advance if I don't post details of a couple of my favorite on my doorstep rivers :whistling:

Thats not what DMASSE was implying. He wasant accusing you of not telling us where you catch trout.

'nuff said