Just another fishing nut!!

cranks bait

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a bit, and finally get time to post. Just want to introduce myself. Name is Scott, from Brockville. I got back into fishing last year after not doing it for about 20 years.

I got hooked pretty bad. Got myself a boat this year and get out a bunch after work and weekends. I have come a long way in the past year, as far as knowledge and what to do with a lure. Although there is still a lot more for me to know.

I have now taken the time to join some forums to hopefully meet others with the same interest. Maybe find some new areas to head to. I know my wife would like that, she's always joking for me to take off for a weekend. I'm also trying to find out about local derby's/tournaments. Although this is the wrong time of year for the most part.

Hopefully one day I will have some tips to pass on.

Hi Cranks,

Welcome to the board.

No worries about not fishing for the last 20 years.

It's all the same, except the tackle costs more now.

And nobody uses the Popeil Pocket Fisherman anymore.

Wish I still had mine though.

Hookset.

Edited by Hookset

Welcome to the board. You have a similar story to me and my wife (Bly on this board). We fished as kids/teens...then stopped for 20 or so years...just started up again just over a year ago.

This is a great board...hope you stick around and post some pcis of your season!!

myself and my whole family got food poisoning from a swiss chalet in Brockville, So as long as you don't work there welcome aboard

if you do work there, look out I have a long memory..........LOL

you have some really good lakes near you

I've already added some pics in my profile to check out.

As for reports... The best one so far is one crappy, and I mean crappy, day a bunch of bass boats went zipping by my house. Of course I'm drooling out the window watching, debating on whether or not to go out. I held out till the afternoon. Doned a rain suit and went out for about 2 hrs. Just as I was packing up the boats were heading back home. I found out later that it was a Bass master tournament or something of the sort. I started out with my first cast catching a 6.2 lbs smallie. Pretty much every cast after that had a fish. I think I landed about 20 to 30 bass, I couldn't keep track.

The kicker of the story is I also found out that Bob Izumi and his son were participating and fishing in a spot that I go to every now and then. Apparently Jr caught the biggist fish of the day 5 1/2 lbs or something like that. I never wanted to be in a tournament more than that day.

As for lures costing more now? I know I have more than my allowance to spend on lures (which can be a bad thing). I also now know what to look for instead of the neatest looking one at the corner store, and drag it behind the boat hoping I catch something.

Welcome aboard Scott. Sounds like a great woman you got there ... wanting you to take off for the week-end. Ain't nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact, my very own is sending me off Saturday for a day of fishing. Sure hope I do better this time, than I did a couple weeks ago. SKUNK CITY !!!

Thanks for all the kind welcomes. Thought about being just Cranks, as that is what my business is called. A running joke in the familly though is when we bought the boat it got knicknamed Cranks Bait, so it took.

As for a great wife, you bet. I get her out every now and then. I even catch her watching WFN sometimes. She's caught some little guys, but still gets upset because I have lures bigger than her fish.

As for getting skunked. Oh ya, it happens. A lot. It kind of goes with being on the water for about 4 days a week. It's still a good day on the water the way I look at it though, as frustrating it may be at the time.

Thanks for all the kind welcomes. Thought about being just Cranks, as that is what my business is called. A running joke in the familly though is when we bought the boat it got knicknamed Cranks Bait, so it took.

As for a great wife, you bet. I get her out every now and then. I even catch her watching WFN sometimes. She's caught some little guys, but still gets upset because I have lures bigger than her fish.

As for getting skunked. Oh ya, it happens. A lot. It kind of goes with being on the water for about 4 days a week. It's still a good day on the water the way I look at it though, as frustrating it may be at the time.

Oh ya, Swiss Chalet, I only go there at Christmas to get the fries and Lindt chocolates!!!