Bronte Creek Clean-up

tonyb

It's that time of year again, and we need your help.

Please bring your friends and family out on Saturday November 3rd from 12pm-2pm at The Oakville Church of the Nazarene (rear parking lot). I'll be providing gloves and garbage bags as well as refreshments afterwards for volunteers.

It is a short work project to pick up garbage that is left along the banks of Bronte creek by anglers. Help us protect our natural resources and shore access points for fishing by helping out. Everyone who attends will help a great deal!

Directions from QEW: take Bronte Road cut-off between Burloak and Third Line. Go south on Bronte Road. Before Rebecca Street will be the entrance to the Church on the west side. Proceed to the rear of the parking lot and we will meet there and then walk down the path to the creek.

This is part of an ongoing joint effort (Credit River Anglers Association, Trout Unlimited, Conservation Halton) to restore and preserve the Bronte Creek watershed. I know picking up garbage doesn't seem like fun or that it helps, but it goes a long way with showing the public that all anglers aren't littering the waterways.

We hope to see you all there!

Here is a map:

76408972ct0.jpg

Thanks,

Tony

P.S. I'll hopefully be fishing before and possibly after the clean-up so for any of you who are thinking about fishing Bronte we could meet up in the morning before the clean-up :clapping:

Edited by tonyb

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I wont be able to make it this weekend... Having some family come up from down south and we unfortunately got stuck fishing the BOQ... Maybe we can organize an OFC one as well in the spring or later on in the year, As i know for sure it needs the cleaning, and not just at PC park... Good luck to ya all

IMPORTANT CHANGE FOR TOMORROWS CLEANUP!

Due to the Petro Canada Park being closed for the season, the new meeting spot is at the rear parking lot (all the way to the back) of the Oakville Church of the Nazarene. The Church is located just south of the Petro Canada Park entrance...

Here is a map:

76408972ct0.jpg

Sorry for the last minute notice, but I didn't realize the park would close with the mild weather we have been having.

The city has agreed to collect the bags of trash, we just have to collect them in the corner of the parking lot like before

See you all tomorrow!

Tony

Edited by tonyb

Thanks a million! to those who showed up today to help out with the clean-up. It made the 2 hours we alotted fly by and the results were excellent!

Here are some shots from the day...(beautiful weather I might add!)

Showing the younger generation, it's never to early or late to start making a difference, and that every 'little' bit helps :)

img0002mediumbv7.jpg

Helping out with the clean-up shows that there is no grey area when it comes to who is responsible for the future of our resources...

It's pretty clear and in....

img0006mediumvy3.jpg

&

img0005mediumgf4.jpg

OK...maybe some people showed up to look for some unique OUTDOOR apparel for their wardrobe :lol:

We were pleased to have the hard working bowshep out to put his solid dent in the war against trash ;)

img0012mediumxr9.jpg

This just goes to show how bad the water situation is, the fish must run a long shallow stretch or somehow navigate through this mess!!

img0007mediumny2.jpg

Thanks again to everyone, you know who you are!

The junkyard dogs...

img0011mediumuz2.jpg

Here's to wishing everyone good fishing, and please don't litter when you are out enjoying the outdoors. :)

Tony

Thx again Tony, you sure went out of the way to make this happen :clapping:

I had a great pleasure of meeting quite a few faces I have never before and my hat goes off to everyone indeed!!!!

What a great time, and surely next yr I'd be happy to attend aswell as future projects!!!!

Don't re-call all the names, but everyone who was there, plz feel free to send me a message, and I'd be proud to fish with any and all of ya's!!!

T.L F.F