Post Thanksgiving Dinner Night Fishing

ccmtcanada

Ok, so it's not the most glamorous fish, but it was BIG for the species. After casting spoon after spoon looking for some salmon after the rains last night, I set up a bottom rig with a good ole worm on it. A serious tug on the line and this is what I brought in....a BIG BULLHEAD.

Now, the Ontario record is 16.38 inches and 2.37 pounds...caught in 1989.

This one measured in at 15 inches and 2.10 pounds!!! We used our Berkley digital scale for the "unofficial" weigh in.

Here are two pics of the same fish...one to show perspective on how thick the fish was (and no I didn't land it in the net...LOL). The second is the beauty shot...haha.

bullhead-2.jpg

bullhead2.jpg

Too bad this isn't an OFAH species for the angler awards....LOL.

Edited by ccmtcanada

I know these are LED lights. But they also do look like diamonds or jewlery 0002006E.gif

bullhead2.jpg

I guess that what all night time fishermen wear. :thumbsup_anim: I need to get a set.

I guess CT has some. But how bright are they? And how much?

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice! But I caught a bigger bullhead than that at old mill. And once my dad caught a huge bullhead 5+ lbs at Canal road(holland river). It was actually starting to turn blue!! Although there are only bullheads in that river, someone may have threw in another catfish species....

Good stuff Cliff! A buddy of mine caught what I believe would be a record mooneye a few years back and I caught a monster rock bass that was so big it didnt look normal at all and I thought (after) it would be cool to have a record, any record but difficult to find official scales when you are in the middle of nowhere.