Lake St. Clair Report

Wendel

A little late, but thought I would post some pictures of our recent trip to my old pond, Lake St. Clair.

We got on the water by noon, we were targeting small mouth bass, unfortunately the bass were few and far between.

We left the shallower water and headed for a deeper part of the lake, that's when the fun started!

We could see some big hooks on the fish finder, no sooner did I say "I think those might be musky down there", then I had something heavy on the end of my line, unfortunately for me it was only for a few seconds.

No sooner was it off of my line then it decided to hit Nicole's line!

After a minute or so with a some help from me the fish was in the boat, briefly for a photoshoot.

Here are the results...

The pre-landing shot

lsc15.jpg

Of course I could tell everyone I caught it, because there was no way she would pick up that fish for picture...

lsc21.jpg

The Revival

lsc019.jpg

And the fish swimming off to fight another day!

lsc020.jpg

This was Nicole's first time on the lake, and her first musky.... many more to come in the fall... better get more lures though nicole, worm harnesses aren't going to cut it all the time lol

now she has i musky up on you,oh-oh..she wont let you live that one down

It's my Musky... MINE MINE MINE... there are no pictures of her holding that fish!!!!!!

Hope she doesn't read this lol

Actually I'm kinda glad she got one the first trip, she can't wait to go again, and she's already been asking what kind of rod/reel combo she needs lol

The water was so clear that day, it got a little rough in the afternoon, but over all it was a great day, we are going back in a couple more weeks... The fall fatties should be gorging by then...

Edited by Wendel