My Friends First Ever Salmon and My PB Brown Trout!

Minnow

Hey Guys

Hit the tribs twice these past couple of weeks, with great success both times! First time I went on my own to scope it out and see if the salmon had come in yet. To my suprise they were in! I hooked about 4 fish but only was able to land one salmon and since I was by myself it was hard to get a picture but I got one. I was using a variety of spoons and spinners, the same stuff that I use for steelhead in the late fall and winter. To my suprise I was trying out a large williams wabler when all of a sudden in a deep pool I felt a WHACK, set the hook and right away I saw that it was a BIG brown! I got really nervous since the salmon didn't matter as much but this was the biggest brown trout of my fishing career on the line. It put up a nice fight but not as strong as the salmon. I brought it to a shallow area set up the camera and took one quick pic, wasn't the best picture but this was a big fish! Does anyone know how much this fish weighs? I would say over 10 lbs any ideas guys? I know its hard to tell from the pic but this was a big male brown! I released him right away and decided to call it a day! That was enough excitement for one day. Here are the two pics!

OFN2.jpg

OFN4.jpg

Then I told my friend that we should go salmon fishing and he was pumped up since he has never been river fishing or caught a salmon for that matter. When he saw me hook into one he was really excited just to be able to land the fish! I kept trying to get him to hook up because I really wanted him to get his first salmon so for most of the day I kept coaching him and telling him where to fish and cast. He caught on quickly and then all of sudden he hooked into a nice female. After fighting the fish for about 10 min and he did a great job fighting the fish he landed his first Salmon. This guy was definately the happiest guy on the river and its great to see him now really hooked on fishing! He keeps bugging me to take him again and he already got waders and can't wait for me to show him steelheading. We used a mix of spoons, spinners and roe bags as well as those berkley pink worms. I actually hooked this nice brown on the pink worm. It was a great day on the water until I dropped my camera in the water, the memory stick survived but the camera didn't :wallbash: ! Here are the last pics the camera took.

Nice brown hen!

OFN1.jpg

One happy guy!

OFN6.jpg

This female was really heavy you can see from my facial expression

OFN3.jpg

Love those browns :) Great job helping your friend catch his first salmon, to me that is even more rewarding.

Too bad about the camera. We have dropped a few electronics in the water also (phones and a cheap camera), purchased a waterproof floating bag with neck strap for the phone that will allow you to dial and talk without removing it ($10). Depending on the size of your camera, it might fit.

Happy fishing!!