Fishing In New Brunswick **PICS

kayak fisher

Hey Everyone,

I returned from a trip to New Brunswick last week, and I figured that I would share some pics with you. We were on a commercial fishing island just south of the mainland, called Grand Manan. The people and the scenery there were incredible. The picture of the wooden cage in the water is actually a herring weir. It is a figure 8 design that the fish don't know how to escape from. If you like Brunswick Sardines, these are the cages that trap the fish! The picture of me in the kayak shows some black ABS cages behind me. These are used for farming Atlantic salmon. And finally the fishing pics, just some pollack that I caught off the local pier.....Yum!! Enjoy the pics.

DSC00080.JPG

DSC00128.JPG

n533595013_1272930_836.jpeg

n533595013_1272931_1185.jpeg

n533595013_1272948_7453.jpeg

Thanks for the positive responses! I was amazed to see that first response (??)

I caught some mackarel along with these pollock, but unfortunately I did not have my camera for those. They were pretty small though. If anyone is heading out east, make sure to pick-up a few mackeral rigs. I was actually catching three fish at a time. At some points I thought that I had hooked onto a monster, but three pollack put up a pretty good fight...lol.

Here are some pics from last years trip....Lobster and Perriwinkles (escargot) Enjoy!

:D

Bruiser_and_Friends__2_.JPG

Periwinkles.JPG

Good to hear you enjoyed your trip to New Brunswick, and congrats on the successful fishing.

It's truly a beautiful place & I've spent alot of time there myself and have criss-crossed it many times both by car and train. It also has some of the friendliest folks this country has to offer.

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellant Report!!I like seeing some salt water fishing reports. Especially from Canada! I got a map of New Brunswick from CAA and plan to visit there one day. We have a really scenic east and west coast for sure!!!!

mmmm....wrinkles (as the newfies call snails) dipped in vinegar. taste great but you gotta watch out for that exlax effect when you eat too many of them. i love everything down east so much better than morontario and id gladly move there if it were for the crappy jobs down there

Actually the hooks that I used to catch the pollock and mackeral were unbaited. In the local shops

(and Sprawlmart) around the coast they sell mackeral rigs that are a series of hooks, and they either have plastic or feathers on the hooks. I had the most luck on the feathered hooks, and also on just about any spoon you want to cast.....

I would love to be able to move out east from TO, and be able to fish on the ocean every week. That combined with the amount of fresh water fishing that is available in NB would make it a fisherman's paradise. I absolutely intend to do another trip next year.

Happy fishing!