Need advice - Trolling on BOQ

ccmtcanada

With the BOQ G2G coming up, I want to be prepared. I got a new Shimano trolling rod and a Okuma Magda Pro reel with line counter. The guys at the local tackle shop spooled it with 14 pound mono. They said if I wanted a different line, to just come back and they'd take care of me.

So, here's the question. When trolling on BOQ for Walleye, what line would you suggest (type and lb test) and why? I'm new to this fishing in a boat thing....any input would be apprecaited.

Thanks!

With the BOQ G2G coming up, I want to be prepared. I got a new Shimano trolling rod and a Okuma Magda Pro reel with line counter. The guys at the local tackle shop spooled it with 14 pound mono. They said if I wanted a different line, to just come back and they'd take care of me.

So, here's the question. When trolling on BOQ for Walleye, what line would you suggest (type and lb test) and why? I'm new to this fishing in a boat thing....any input would be apprecaited.

Thanks!

8lb 9 foot rod bail the line couter(take it back and get a decent level wind knowing how far your line is out wont get you more fish

all else fails a barbie rod will work