The Incredible Spectacular Fishing Report

Rich

Nautifish and I were chatting online about some local fishing spots and after a little while it turned out that talking about it was too much to bear so we headed out with "the anonymous man" and "Princess" the evil hearted german shepherd to a local creek.

On the way there Princess decided to act out of the ordinary and lie down in the back of the fan.. right near the tip of my beautiful 13 foot noodle rod. As she laid down, I heard the most delightful cracking sound. At that point, I wasnt sure if it was my rod breaking or my heart exploding. Sure enough, those last annoying 6 inches were shaved off the now 12'6 noodle rod.

So I was a little bummed after that but figured I'll just fish with a broken rod.. lol

We got there to find it was pouring down rain (which wasnt in the forecast when we left) but thats alright a little water never hurt anyone.

Hmmm I kinda remembered there being lights at this spot.. but alas I must have been wrong because it was dark! Nauti had a flashlight, which really came in handy for her. I had my trusty headlamp, which decided it wouldn't be so trusty and conk out. Ahh just another great piece of equipment now rendered useless. So I attempted float fishing in the dark, which would have been fine.. but I couldnt see the trees above or beside me. So after a few casts I make one more.. I'm trying to feel around for bites or bottom or whatever and it feels like I've made contact so I leave it out. Wait, there's tightness in the line, so I set the hook! Wow this feels heavy! I pull and it pulls back! Fighting kinda weird. I yell up to Nauti and anonymous man and they shine the flashlight down just as I discover I've hooked a tree branch about 2 feet above my head. It sure did fight though! Snap there goes the hook. Right then & there is where I said forget it I'll just be the net man for Nauti. LOL

A few minutes later Nautifish pulls up the biggest tangle in floatfishing history. I dont know how she did it, I dont think she knows either! Anonymous man gallantly held the flashlight while she attempted to untangle the heap of line and busted bobber, but her attempts were in vain. We got our stuff back in the van and headed home, defeated.

I think this is the first time I've said it this year: "We shouldn't have gone fishing tonight."

lmao

well it beats being stuck at home infront of the google box.....As i said when ur stuck inside all day at work its nice to get out and get some fresh air......I don't care about the dark,cold or wet.......lol..Actually it was pretty nice out except for the sleety rain but the temp was okay.....Rich forgot to mention that he had allready shaved off an inch himself of his new noodle rod....lol Then i guess princess thought she would too.....lol...

I did feel kinda bad though i know how much he loves that rod i was with him when he brought it and he was like a little kid in a candy store.....lol.......

We were only out for an hr but even thought it seemed like a waste of time it sure was bloody hillarious.......And sorry cplummer no video......Hard to film in complete blackness.....lmao :D

I can relate to the lost rod.My girlfreind could not figure out why the cooler would not close.So i had to tell her that it was the 6 foot long green thing sticking out of the one side.Iwas mad she just laughed wich made it worse.Anyways sorry to hear about the rod i just seen it in the video.looked nice anyway.

A video of your adventure would have nice, but useless given the situation since we

wouldn't b able to see you. ;)

Fishing in the dark with rain coming down and a broken rod.

Sounds like you're a real Canadian boy with super red iron blood

flowing through your veins.