David Shook

jedimaster,

Just ran into your question about the fastest production bassboat, it belongs to me, it is an Allison 2002xb, it wasn't stripped, it has the live well and pods for the fishing pedestals, the motor was a stock Mercury Drag engine even though I could have ran a modified engine, I have no factory or other sponsors, just yours truly.

Thanks for letting me on the site, haven't had much time on it yet seems to be a great site with a good bunch of folks, hope ya'll won't mind me jumping in?

If you are interested you can check the boat out at www.shookboat.net

Shook

Yes those allison boats are incredible,and are the best,fastest,and loaded with every feature,and they have a wicked price tag as well....BIG BUCKS..... :thumbsup_anim::clapping::clapping: i have seen one close up,even the paint looks fast,the engine alone was $30 grand....very sweet looking ride for sure,they are the ferrari,of the bass boats for sure

Thanks to the Musky hounds here I have learnt that trolling my 14ft tinny at anywhere from 4-6 mph just might catch me a fatty. I'll have to remember to take my toupey off on your boat..

Im not a guy thats into speed, but if that floats yur boat, pretty cool! :thumbsup_anim:

At the right place and the right time yaa 116 is pretty cool. So far 72 is my water record but my motorcycle land speed record is a little above 160 mph ONCE. Dont forget to wear your helment and your neck collar when you get into the go fast mode.

Art

Okay, now that you're trolling at 116, I guess you really don't have to worry about the hook set right? You're getting into Irishfield's trolling speed range now (with his float plane!!), let's see some of those fish caught while trolling at 116. LOL

I'm imagining everythings been peeled off except for the mouth.

But seriously, nice ride.

HF

I take it your not from canada? My cousin had an xb 2002, just traded it in for an xb 2003. Haven't been on the 2003 but I was in the 2002. The only complaint I had about the 2002 is that it is about as wide as my sportspal canoe. :) Very tippy on open water and the rear casting deck is very very small.

I don't recall there being a cowl on the rear deck on his. Is that a factory add on? It would make fishing from the back a little bit difficult wouldn't it?

Was that a stock option 2.5 outboard from the factory? How many ponies is it putting out? Assuming I spot you a 6 percent slipt and a 1.78 gear ratio(You mention its a stock gear case, that would mean you were cranking out around 8000 rpm's.

Thats one hell od a motor. How much gas does that thing suck.

Sweet boat man.

Guest Trophymuskie

I was also thinking of the gas consumption as well. My 20 foot Crestliner equipped with a 225 Optimax at a bit over 40 MPH and 4400 RPM burns around 10 Gal/Hr and at full speed and over 55 MPH at 5700 RPM it burns a whooping 22 Gal/Hr. I used to run around at 50 MPH but I can save a tonne of gas going only 40MPH. I guess for me it just doesn't matter much since I don't drive around much as all my fishing is done casting with the electric or trolling with the 15 HP kicker.

First let me say that if you like going 116 MPH on the water good for you I am just glad your not doing it on my lake endangering the lives of the other user`s of the lake,and secondly that thing is not a bass boat it`s a race boat,some marketing guy figured if he put a live well in he could sell a few to the the gear heads who like to fish.

Who ever heard of a full size bass boat with a 83" beam.

Like I said I was on one several times and they are really narrow. I can reach from one gunwal to the other with my hands.

Its a really purpose built craft.

Built for speed. Oh yah and if you happen to throw a rod in the locker then you can fish from it too. Personally I think the hulls are damn ugly but they are retarded fast. :)

Thanks for letting me on the site, I've got to say it is one of the best looking and well orginized boards I've seen. I appreciate the fact you guys are true fisherman, I fished for many years before I got into the fast boat scene, my first boat was a 12 ft. fiberglass with a five and a half johnson.

I bought this boat as a bank repo, it was sitting in a junk yard when a friend called and told me about it, I worked at it for many years to get it this fast, I admire you boys and just wanted to show you what I call the old carp boat, it dosen't matter to me what you drive or how fast it runs, if you are on the water in a wash tub you are a brother of mine!

Shook