Transducer Size. Does It Really Matter ...opinions Please

Vanselena

Hi, does the size of a transducer matter if it gives you more information.

Examples; on the back of a boat would you care if your transducer is 6" long

Ice fishing, would you care if the iceducer was 4" round?

Please remember keep in mind that you would be getting alot more information in this hypothetical situation.

Thank you,

Matthew

The physical size does not matter.

The power rating is what makes the difference.

Low power transducers are good for portable units, they will use up less power i.e batteries.

The high power units will read bottom to a greater depth and more detail and acurate. Plus high power tends to read bottom up to faster boat speed.

CX

Was wondering where you were going with this, then I think to myself,I have yet to see any transducers larger then say ,4 inches at best.

What CC said is all true,also to add ,pixels will make the whole difference as well.How fast the transducer reads is very important.

The physical size does not matter.

The power rating is what makes the difference.

Low power transducers are good for portable units, they will use up less power i.e batteries.

The high power units will read bottom to a greater depth and more detail and acurate. Plus high power tends to read bottom up to faster boat speed.

CX

Wow, Never knew that.

Thanks for explaning :D

Hi, does the size of a transducer matter if it gives you more information.

Examples; on the back of a boat would you care if your transducer is 6" long

Ice fishing, would you care if the iceducer was 4" round?

Please remember keep in mind that you would be getting alot more information in this hypothetical situation.

Thank you,

Matthew

My opinion and response to your question would be that I would accept

a 6 inch transducer on the boat if it would give me more info.

Same goes for the 4 inch ice transducer. I'd gladly welcome the increase in size if it meant

getting more info.

that depends i have an expensive high power dual frequency lowrance and its twice the size of a regular 200kh 60 degree hs/ls top of the line units will have rms/500 also you can ajust the ping speed i can really speed it up for fast travel boat speed or slow very in-depth detail it really makes a difference,when you buy a $1,200 dollar unit with 4000 watts of power you really see things others cant even detect,for tracking cannonballs or finding several thermalclines its amazing what you can see.....all you have to do is your homework,i have owned about 10 graphs and took along time to convince myself to get a real good one but once i did i will never settle for any thing else....cheers

Okay, pay attention, first impression, everyones trying to be funny, but I think what Matthew is trying to elude to is: Does the size matter to you when it comes to transducers, ie, would a bigger size transducer get in your way while ice fishing or would a bigger transducer cause problems behind your boat. For me, if the transducer would provide more info, fine, maybe double in size to obtain twice the info may be acceptable.