Quick Lake O Report & pics

Joey

We set out for Lake Ontartio about 6 a.m. this morning, on the water by 7 and were greeted by this beautiful sunrise.

1244171568_134dd58869_b.jpg

It was a touch nippy this morning, but I think that was only because it has been so hot and muggy the last few days our bodies weren't used to it. That soon changed and it got very hot out there with no wind. We set out three lines, all with dipsey divers, one with cut bait herring and a spin doctor, one with a spoon and one with a fly.

We trolled from 7 a.m. and got nothing until 11 a.m. when the cut bait herring line goes off. My turn to grab the rod and I set the hook. The fish did a fantastic ariel display 5 times, it was a beautiful sight.

It was a bit of a tough reel in as the dipsy wouldn't disengage, but the fish wasn't that big so I managed.

We were surprised it was not a salmon, but a steelhead. Nice little chromer :thumbsup_anim:

1244172336_d0c9ee6e03_b.jpg

That was it for the day and we headed back at noon. I though this little shack looked cool at the launch.

1244170670_9d20b62635_b.jpg

I also caught this little bugger sunning himself on a rock, all spread eagled. It looked pretty funny, and he wasn't too afraid of me, more annoyed I was interrupting his down time.

1243315685_34c1ffb293_b.jpg

Cheers,

Joey