50lb Musky Caught Nov.30/06

jediangler

Very nice fish, she only needed to hide for one more day and she would have made the spawn, looks like she was full of skeen already.

The man was in his rights to keep the fish, but why would you ?

It was no record, you don't eat the meat, and you can get a replica with exact size anyway, and everyones happy that a 50lbs fish came out of the lake, and look at the respect the fish got.

I'm not trying to stir anything up but why would you keep the fish, it makes no sense to me.

John,

When it comes down to it, it's up to the individual whether he's going to keep the fish or not, as long as it's within the regs.

I wouldn't keep a fish like that myself, but I can't impose my personal views on somebody else. I could try to persuade somebody I'm fishing with, but it's ultimately up to him/her.

(Just like it's up to the boat owner whether to go with a tiller or console, even though the right answer is TILLER). :lol:

Mike

Whopper: I just looked at the thread again, he was definitely respected and nobody brought up the keep issue...

Setomonkey I love the singnature and agree with what you say, but you know consoles are better :D

I just read the article again and the fish was full of eggs. You would think if a guy was such a great angler he would understand the benefit of releasing the fish over keeping it for a trophy to boost your ego. He was entitled to do whatever he wanted with the fish but I think he would have got even more respect for releasing it.

Wow what a nice fish. Wisconsin has some nice musky. I wonder what that fish was eating? It sure has girth.

Some say if you are looking for a musky that fights then fish for the smaller ones. Do the 30lb + fish put up a big fight or is it different than the small ones?