A Few Big Buck Photos From Today (nf)

danc

Well, I went back out today with the camera to see if I could get some shots of the big Bucks that I heard rumors of. And it paid off. I saw several big guys today and managed to get a few decent shots.

This guy came out of no where and I didn't have time to set up my exposure properly, so it's a bit blown out. I followed him as he strolled through the woods but this was the only good shot that I got of him when he crossed the road. I'm not sure how many points he has. Lots though.

Dec1-6.jpg

These next two shots may be of the same guy, although they were taken over an hour apart and in different areas. He was really awesome looking and posed majestically for me.

Dec1-8.jpg

Dec1-1.jpg

And the little guys were out as usual. They practically walk right up to you and provide some great photo ops.

Dec1-2.jpg

Dec1-3.jpg

And Abby went for a run today too. I can't remember what she was focusing on here, but it wasn't a Deer. Probably a stick or something. I don't let her out of the truck when there's Deer around.

Dec1-5.jpg

It looks like we'll have snow soon that will most likely stay for the winter. I'll get out again and try to get some Deer photos in the snow.

DanC,

Nice buck shots for shure. The first one is a non typical because of his unusual rack...more than 15 points on him..The second buck is a big ten point typical and a beauty at that..

I just put the ten pointer up as my desktop background...sweet !!!

Thanx for sharing....

Here's one more shot that I got off, although through my windshield so again the quality is lacking. It's another fair sized Buck with half of its rack gone. Would this most likely be from battle during the rut? It's too early to shed, isn't it?

Dec1-10.jpg

Dan,

It could be he lost the antler sparring with another buck or he may have just not grown in the antler this season due to a bad shed last season....A small percentage of bucks actually keep their racks from year to year for some odd reason....or at least thats what Ive read in magazines.....

Forgot to mention.....Love the look in your dogs eye.....so typical of Border Collies when they are in herding mode.....

Chris

Excellent pictures...nice non-typical growth on the brow tines.

Oh, and howdy folk!

It's been a while and I finally got around to registering on the new board now that the fall hunts are over. Looks great, but then OFC has always been the best...

Excellent shots Dan,

Those are real nice deer. Do you sit in a blind to take those or are you just out walking? Tripod?

Just curious as I want to do the same with my new Canon, but just havn't found the time.

Also love the pic of Abbi.

Brian

very nice looking pics dan,all those beer look so awsome, :thumbsup_anim:

Subliminal message fishindevil?? :P

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Brian, although these are wild Deer, they are very used to people and are quite approachable. There's no need to hide in a blind. In fact, some of these photos were taken from right from inside my truck. There's no need to use a tripod in bright daylight conditions since a very high shutter speed can be used. And, I owe you an e mail. Coming today. I promise!