Back from the Sparrow tourney

misfish

It was awesome to fish with my son today and see the smile on his face. I wouldnt trade that for anything.

That's what it's all about....glad you had a great day on the water with. I'm sure it's a day he'll never forget.

dk

Awesome report Brian and like others have said.....we've been waiting for news of your trialsNtribs at these tourneys.

I'll not get the chance you had this day with your son as its a path Ill not go down but I ve had my time with my boys and being their netman for their first muskies is a memory Ill always keep special as you have related sorta in this post............

Thanks for this report fella.....thanks

Brian,

Good report on you and your son's experience with his first tourney. You'll both remember that day forever.I can't wait for my boy to get older so he can experience one too. Good results for tough conditions. That rain just never stopped.

We ended up 16th and just out of the money(0.04 oz.)and lost a 5lber at the boat :wallbash: . Well at least

Team Ko-Man-Chi was well represented at Sparrow.

It was a zoo at the launch and we never got to meet so maybe next time.Congrats on the results and enjoy those memories with your son!!!!!

Marcel

Brian, I thought you were fishing a tourney on Chemong or the tri-lakes this weekend after your questions about it last week. I passed the ramp Saturday morning and it was empty, so then I thought maybe you launched somewheres else and I checked out every red bass boat I saw on Upper Buck & Pigeon.

If I hadn't been so busy lookin for you all day I may have caught more fish myself :thumbsup_anim:

Fantastic report Brian!!! Wow...20 boats at the launch...that would be the time I pick to do something really dumb...good thing I dont own a boat...LOL. You guys had a great day out there...middle of the pack finish is very respectable. Great job and pics!

Good job Brian, Sparrow can be a tough lake, great to fish with your son, can't wait for my 2 little guys to get a bit bigger, but they are well on their way, watching them on Sun. on

Simcoe, was a blast good luck on the next one! are you fishing Muskoka?

Edited by Mark Kulik

Having a chance to read all the replies after a long weekend,I have to say thank you for all your replies.It,s been a so real weekend fishing two days and having my boy with me,although sunday he fished with someone else.With him joining up with a club with me,it will be a some sort a pro/am,learning the ways of the bass.

Thanks again all.

Take yer kid fishing.You wont regret it. It dosent have to be competitive,just take them out and spend time together.

Time goes by WAY TO FAST.

Take yer kid fishing.You wont regret it. It dosent have to be competitive,just take them out and spend time together.

Time goes by WAY TO FAST.

Truer words were never spoken Brian.

After my son died a couple years back, my daughter decided to become my new fish'n partner and it's been a VERY enjoyable experience for both of us.

She's in her mid 30's now but was never a fisherman.....er, fishergirl......yet she caught on fast and now we hit the musky waters together and have a great time. Whenever the fish hits my bait, I set the hook, then pass the rod to Sheri to let her have the fun of the fight. When it grabs her bait, I watch her as her smile broadens with each passing second :thumbsup_anim:

She's getting really good at fighting the fish and is a very fast learner.

I now plan my fishing trips around her and it's something we both look forward to every week.

As Brian says, folks, take your kids fishing !!