My eldest is filling his dream

misfish

In the last few weeks and my posts going back, I have been talking about my oldest boy. I am a fishermen and my oldest is aswell,but the eldest, well he is alternative (SPORTS WISE) and I got no qwuams about that,heck I should of been sharing his success with you all.Success I mean, he is acomplishing his own dream. Im sure there are many out there that curse and yell and want to take the heads off of your local SKATEB BOARDERS, but hey,it,s a sport that can bring in some major cash and fill the pockets of those that do well. There are some Im sure, remember when the board was cool and now it,s WAY COOL, and brings big dollars to the riders that can stay on thier boards. JUST LIKE THE BASS FISHING TOUR.

Those that watch the extream games or as they call it now ,the Dew games,these guys make you wonder what the hell are these guys/gals thinking or doing.Im not up on the lingo but what they do is artistic and no way in hell would you catch me up 10-15 feet up in the air twisting and flipping a board under me and then landing on two feet,on a board thats still moving.

Well anyways,what Im getting to,he has had a few local sponsors here in Barrie and has done ok.He works full time construction and plays on the board trying to live a dream like I do with my bass fishing. Today he left with some other fellas,for Montreal to do filming with a crew and Im very happy to say Im proud of him and Im hopeing one day I,ll see him on these extream/Dew games. :clapping::clapping:

Abit of history for those that think it,s a fad.If it,s a fad,I guess fishing is a FAD aswell.LOL

http://www.skatelog.com/skateboarding/skat...ing-history.htm

Wish I was going,they left in a HUMMER. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Edited by misfish

That's great Brian!!! Congrats to your boy, and to you and the missus for supporting him in his dream...many parents wouldn't. I have great respect for those that participate in that sport. I remember when skateboards first came out...all I'll say is that it wasn't a pretty site when I rode mine :P Be sure to keep us updated!

maureen

That's awesome B. I never had the coordination to master the skateboard, but Paul tells me about him and his buds looking for empty pools when they were young so they could do they're thing.

Please do let us know when he is on TV. I'll be sure to watch.

Joey

tell him congratulations.

too many of us decide in favour of material comfort over persuing our dreams, only to end up miserable. your son will look back one day and smile at the fact that he took some time to do what he loved.

-d-

Maureen, you remember when they first came out? The first time I rode one was about 45 years ago and they had been around for a few years then. Yer lookin' good for your age.

Well maybe not when they first came out :D How's about the little plastic ones...when they first showed up in my neighborhood they were new to us :P

Marueen

Glad you are encouraging him to follow his dreams Brian..........whatever they may be. It takes a lot of gonads to paddle against the flow. He will never regret living his life doing something he truly loves...Kudo's if he can make a living at it too!

John

Thats great news brian,when your child succeds and excels in something its great being a parent to be able to be proud ,it makes you feel that you raised your kids right....hey he might be famous one day,i hope he keeps up the hard work....by the way good-luck in your bass tournaments this summer,cant wait to see the results go get them!!!!!!!!! cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: