Weather.

I know most parts of Ontario haven't had much of a winter and you haven't been able to get to your favorite ice fishing spots but out west here I have had about enough of it, with our two weeks of -54c. and lots of snow. Last week was nice, up to +11 some days. It started snowing Sunday morning and still is and getting colder than a well diggers ass. So I can't wait for ----  

51892098_10161487893475249_1642620971183505408_n.jpg

Yeah, we've had a few days of winter and that's about it.  I'm sure we're going to pay for it come late March/April when mother nature will show us the winter we were supposed to have.

Here just west of Ottawa there's only been one night so far this year that hit -20°C with a few other at -17 or -18 nights. Only one heavy snowfall so far. Some guys are just getting their shacks out now, some years it's December.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 10:06 PM, BillM said:

Yeah, we've had a few days of winter and that's about it.  I'm sure we're going to pay for it come late March/April when mother nature will show us the winter we were supposed to have.

I agree. It feels to me the past few years winters have stretched well into April. This winter has been pretty gentle, wouldn't be surprised one bit if April is colder than normal