Mr Heater KEG refillable bottle

RickOnt

I checked and couldn’t find anywhere to buy them yet   I do know they have to be approved for Canada 

they are much better price then the flame king ones in the US so hopefully they will be cheap enough to make them practical 

i don’t like the ring sticking out of it

it looks like

it could easily get bumped and release gas 

You could be right, re maybe they are not legal in Canada yet!

That ring/valve is a slight issue but you need it to let air out

I think it would take some turning to release the gas but I would need to check that out.

I was looking at the Fuel Keg, not a huge fan of the ring myself. I get the Flame King 1 lb'ers off Amazon.com. $70 for two including shipping, tax, conversion.

Pricey but pays for itself pretty quickly with my usage.

You can refill them but they are really not refillable.

You need to fill a few times as there is no way to vent the air

The Fuel KEG would repay for itself in one winter or less.

1 hour ago, Terry said:

Yeah needle nose pliers 

Yep.  I’d buy the refillables in a heartbeat if they where readily available.  All I can find on Amazon is the little 1/4lb torch bottle.  Next time I’m fishing down in the US I’ll have to check out the depot.

So i did some searching around 

because there was something fishy about this conversation 

it is illegal to do this in Canada without proper training

now I know saying this will open a can of worms but it is what it is and we all make choices

https://propane.ca/safety/handling-transporting-propane-cylinders/#:~:text=It is illegal by Canadian,are being sold in Canada.

I'm sure if you were doing this and had an unfortunate circumstance that destroyed some insurable things they would likely not cover your claim amongst other things

just looking out for ya!!!

There has never been a death in Canada from refilling and there was one one death in the USA and they don’t know why but the guy had it in a vice 

there has never been a transportation accident with a refilled one 

they are illegal to refill Because the propane lobby spent lots of money convicting members of parliament that refilled 1 lb tanks would destroy the world if they are stopped 

• Like 1

from Transport Canada

https://tc.canada.ca/en/dangerous-goods/safety-advisories/risks-refilling-single-use-tc-39m-dot-39-cylinders

just because there aren't verified deaths there are lots of reported incidents and you know as well as i do about odds sooner or later you will win the lottery

Why take the risk for a few bucks...Seriously!

Because it’s fake the USA propane lobby lost because only the one death is what they came up with yet that talked about all the carnage happening because if refilled 1lb tanks , that talked about how easy it is for them to explode but even shooting them they did not explode, they explode in a fire but so does non refillable tanks 

one dollar for propane tank filled or 9 bucks or more for a new 1 lb tank. Some winters I have used 30 one lb tanks 

its a lobby group wanting to corner the market and take your money . Period 

• Like 1

Hey I’m not trying to change your mind or tell you what to do or believe 

I have seen the power and furry of propane first hand controlled and uncontrolled filling little tanks from big tanks is just not my thing

personnaly I don’t like liquefied gas(flammable and not) on any given day always wary that’s just me 

Carry On 🤘