Fishing with Fishnsled in the Kawarthas!

ccmtcanada

Fishnsled had told us way back in February at the Fishing for Tyler Event that he wanted to take bly and I out in his boat this summer. Well...true to his word, we arranged to meet this morning and fish for some famous Kawartha Muskie at Stoney Lake.

Our day started at 430am....woke up (well, I dont think bly or I actually got any sleep...we just get too excited about fishing trips!! Are we the only ones?? LOL), have some coffee and then off to his place. We were on the road by 530am heading north. We had the boat in the water by 700am and went to begin trolling for some muskie! It was a perfect day up there, nice and cool in the morning, with some wind, but not too bad. It was mostly overcast, but the sun did peak through from time to time. It also didn't get nearly as hot up there as it did back home.

9lake.jpg

We tried trolling as well as casting for the elusive muskie, but it was not to be. We did have one sighting of a nice sized one below the boat, and one follow, but no takers at all!

We then shifted gears and began to target Bass instead and it was the right choice!! Soon after, I hooked into the first fish of the day...using a spinnerbait.

1cliffbass.jpg

Bly then had a perch assault a spoon!! The little guy squirmed right out of her hand and into the water before I had a chance to shoot the picture.

The next fish was Fishnsled's......

2fishnsledbass.jpg

A little while later, with a strong hookset, Fishnsled did it again....this time landing the World's Greatest Sports Fish!! Here's a pic of him doing his best Rich impersonation!!! LOL.

3fishnsledWGSF.jpg

I then landed this pretty good sized one, using a bucktail...yes...I brought it back out hoping for a muskie...haha.

4cliffbass.jpg

Fishnsled ended our fish catching by landing this guy...

5fishnsledbass.jpg

Here's a cool release shot of his fish....

6release.jpg

Here are some other shots from the day....Bly's hair flying around at 50mph!! haha.

7bly.jpg

And finally...a shot as we headed back to the boat launch.

8vroom.jpg

All in all, bly and I had an amazing time out there! Will is a great guy...with tons of fishing knowledge and expertise. We learned a lot from him today...both on the art of using some big muskie baits as well as tactics for getting at bass in heavy weed cover.

Thanks a lot Will!! We really do appreciate you taking us out on the water. If you ever need a few extra bodies in the boat when the muskies are really biting...feel free to give us a call...LOL

We are pretty exhausted, but you never know, bly and I may head back out for some good old fashioned shore fishing tonite....

Looks like a great day no Muskie but a few bass is Ok since you just got back into fishing.Now I thought this was great I won't have to stay up late for a CCMT and Bly report and now you tell me you may head out tonight.If I woke up at 4:30 am I would be ready for bed right now.

So should I wait for a late evening report of one ugly fish from Cliff and some nice fish caught by Bly :whistling:

:thumbsup_anim: MTP

Great report Cliff. Fishnsled is a stand up guy that's for sure.

Nice looking bass and at least you caught fish. You're lucky it wasn't as hot where you went, it was a scorcher here.

Joey

Looks like a great day no Muskie but a few bass is Ok since you just got back into fishing.Now I thought this was great I won't have to stay up late for a CCMT and Bly report and now you tell me you may head out tonight.If I woke up at 4:30 am I would be ready for bed right now.

So should I wait for a late evening report of one ugly fish from Cliff and some nice fish caught by Bly :whistling:

:thumbsup_anim: MTP

Sorry MTP...we went out but didn't catch anything...LOL....hope you didn't stay up too late.

Great report Cliff, it certainly was a GREAT day even without a muskie. There will always be a spot in my boat for you 2. ;) Next time we'll go bass fishing and then we'll get a muskie! :rolleyes::D Here's a pic of an Osprey we saw and it's young one, very cool to see.

Osprey_and_baby_CU.jpg

too bad you guys didnt get any musky but knowing you you'll be back out there soon enough and catch a few its great you guys had fun though and atleast gotten into some fish i havent been out there for a while im going nuts ive had family members move so ive had to help out and havent been able to fish but ill probably be able to get out this weeked hoping for good weaher (fingers crossed) ahaha

It looks like you spent the day in a very beautiful place. Going from Muskie to Bass must have been interesting... how much equipment did you guys bring?

I enjoy your adventures, hear the excitment in every one of them and know the feeling that you come home with at the end of the day.

Thank you for taking the time to share what you have learned and experienced.

You both are amazing!

How nice it is to be making so many friends!

Fishnsled - how wonderful of you to share your time...

Nice fish!

Cheers,

Jen