Carra Outdoor Sports & Taxidermy

DT10Sam

Hi Everyone,

It has been awhile since I have posted and it is mainly as a result of being very busy with the store. I have had many of my past clients coming in and wanting us to get back into taxidermy in our region. I have run a successful taxidermy business for years and then decided that an Outdoor Store with hunting and fishing products is what I always dreamed of owning and now I find myself having a large request to do taxidermy once more.

Both Glen and I have many years of taxidermy experience and I personally have over 30 years experience. We have setup a shop in our store in the back and I would like to welcome all of our past clients as well as future clients to come in and inspect our taxidermy mounts that we are now putting together and in the near future we will post some pics of our artistic abilities.

If you are in the Belleville area please stop in and we will be pleased to chat over a cup of coffee on us of course. Glen and I have discussed taxidermy to great lengths and we will only be mounting big game and fish and we do not want to expand any further. That alone will keep us busy and we are now in the process of tanning a couple of dozen deer capes that we took in last fall and will be mounting them in the next couple of weeks. After they are done we will be starting on the fish that we are presently accepting.

Should you want some birds mounted we will refer you to an accomplished bird taxidermist in the area that is an expert in his field.

Best regards,

Sam

I was in Sam's shop today and the stuff he does is unreal there was a fish in there that Glen and I had talked about last time I was in and I think Glen said that it was like 20 years old and it looked like it was a fresh mount. I vouch for Sam's work it's really well done and I will definately be trying to get him a fish to mount this year.

I would consider having a mount made in the event that a fish could not be successfully released, which hopefully does not happen to me very often. What should an angler do with the fish, put it in the freezer? How long will it keep/remain suitable for taxidermy purposes? Are they any ballpark figures regarding cost, say a 5 pound largemouth for example? Not that I have the cash but I'm curious. Thanks, Rossco