Bassin15

What lures can i fish in early fall around lots of weeds.

Hi there,

I fish a spot were there are lots of weeds and usually fish topwater to avoid the weeds, is there any thing i can fish around weeds in fall when the fish aren't biting topwater.

Thanks.

My 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice is a topwater and if I have to go to 4 I'll go home. lol

How thick are the weeds?

Weedless spoons.

Spinners with the treble removed for a single hook, I use a  trailer to cover the hook point.

A jighead can be rigged weedless as well.

• Like 1

Spinnerbaits go through weeds surprisingly well.  As so spoons like a Johnson Silver minnow.

• Like 1

Thanks all, i guess i sort of wrote it wrong saying there are weeds, there are some weeds but mostly just that green slimy algae stuff, it grows on the bottom, it grows on the top and everything in between. I just googled it, it's called Blue- Green algae, iv'e tried plastic worms and such but it just collects all sorts of it. But the fish love it, they get right down and in the stuff. Really not sure what i will do come fall when the fish aren't very aggressive, is there any other kind of topwater lure thats  a bit more finesse ?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Bassin15 said:

Thanks all, i guess i sort of wrote it wrong saying there are weeds, there are some weeds but mostly just that green slimy algae stuff, it grows on the bottom, it grows on the top and everything in between. I just googled it, it's called Blue- Green algae, iv'e tried plastic worms and such but it just collects all sorts of it. But the fish love it, they get right down and in the stuff. Really not sure what i will do come fall when the fish aren't very aggressive, is there any other kind of topwater lure thats  a bit more finesse ?

Thanks 

Isn't Blue-Green algae toxic?  If that is what it is; you may not want to fish there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bassin15 said:

Thanks 

Lots of lures, the fisherman usually creates most of the action, it's pretty easy tp tone it down. If you can cast - flip - pitch to pockets in the pads or weeds just twitching a floating rapala can work.

• Like 1

Try a Z-Man project z weedless chatterbait, these do very well. Once the weeds go down a bit in the fall, fish this right over top. You can straight retrieve it or give it some rips like a jerkbait. The best trailer I've found is a Keitech swing impact fat 4.3 inch. As bass tear it up you can trim a little off the head and keep making it shorter, allowing re-use of the same trailer. 

White is always a good option for colour, black/blue if you fish chocolate milk.