Lake Eugenia largemouth report

jediangler

Decided to go to Eugenia today instead of fighting the crowds on the weekend. Arrived at the launch at noon and fished till 4:30pm. I knew I would be working hard for any fish after last night's cold front. Paddled against the wind from the launch for 30 minutes to get to my weedbed. Wind was 25km/h and the high for the day was 20C. Found it very hard to plunk the weed pockets because of the strong breeze. Finally got a bite around 2:30pm. Landed this 16" largemouth on a 3/8oz weedless jig & large white grub.

128089.jpg

There were about 12 trucks and boat trailers at the launch but I only seen two boats fishing, one jetski and one guy just flying on a sailboard. The wind was out of the north and I drifted back to the car without touching the paddle. Unfortunately I had no other bites all day.

nice one!

i've been wanting fish eugenia but haven't made the time yet. i actually thought of switching from steelead to largemouth b/c fishing in the summer suits my work schedule. but i just can't seem to shake my obsession for rainbow trout!

-d-