Lmph nodes? (NF)

this may be wierd posting this, but this is getting unusual, i had one little bump under my armpit, now i have 3, 2 small ones, .5 cm or 1, and one bigger, thing is, it feels like a muscle strain cus when i turn my arm in a certain direction, i feel the strain, and shoots, they are a little red now, and hurt when i touch them, if any has any info/advice or knowledge about this, would be very helpful, thnx, ive have them before but never felt them while making a movement with my arm <_<

Urbanangler... I just let my girlfriend who is an RN read your post and she seconds Bigbuck`s diagnosis...

GO SEE A DOCTOR !!!!

It could be caused by the heat we`ve been having but why take any chances.... Go to a walk in clinic ASAP

Doug

Yep...head to a walk in clinic if your family doctor's office is already closed. Chances are your body is just fighting something off...that's sort of what they do....part of your immune system. Better get it checked...get some meds and then all will be good again.

Don't worry Urbanangler - Cliff is right lymph nodes swell up when you're body is fighting an infection or virus. My wife had some recently after our last camping trip - the doc thought that she may have been bitten and the body's immune system was fighting back! It took a few weeks for them to go down.

That said....It's worth getting a doc to look at it though asap if you're in pain. As Roy said, they will probably prescribe some antibiotics.

Keep well

Urbanangler, folks might shoot me for this but this is how it really works. Your body gets invaded by some kind of infection. The white corpuscles attack this intruder with killer force and this happens everyday without us ever knowing about it. Sometimes, an attacker is either too strong or our bodies have been weakened through lack of sleep or whatever. When this happens, the whites attack but can't kill everything and simply imprison them (in the glands) to deal with them later. This almost always is dealt with by the whites without antibiotics.

If it persists, have it checked out.

hey man I had that problem on my neck a few motnhs ago. I went and got it checked out and the gave me some antibiotics... go and check it out and do not read the internet ( except for the advise here) for medical info it will freak you out. Go see a pro...

could be a lot of things UA, many probably just harmless as others have said - cysts, ingrown infected hair, blocked pore from deodorant, etc. Best to get it checked and taken care of for the peace of mind.

Let us know what you find out.