48 hours of Lakair

Man did that fly by fast ! Due to family commitments I was unable to make it up for the weekend but couldn't let the event pass by with a no show so I headed up during the week to get in a couple of days with the gang.

Wednesday afternoon Kevin invited Don, Chuck and myself to have a look at the walleye pond that so many of us have heard about .

100_2090.jpg

Quite the ingenious setup.

100_2100.jpg

Wednesday evening I headed out with Shelley and Chuck (ladywalleye & bigchevy4x4) for some west arm walleye, the fishing gods smiled on us and we were rewarded with several fish, four of which were invited to breakfast the next morning.

Here's ladywalleye working her culinary magic.

100_2101.jpg

Mmmmm, walleye !!

100_2104.jpg

Here's a shot of Tent City before the masses arrived on friday.

100_2112.jpg

Biteme and his buddy came up wednesday night and decided to visit campsites instead of fishing, those that have been to Lakair before can appreciate this, this is my third year and I fish less every year. lol Their plan was to get a good nights sleep and hit it hard in the morning. I believe the exact words were, " WE're gonna hit it hard tomorrow, all day !! You're making the sandwhiches !!

I don't know what was in those sandwiches but ....

100_2106.jpg

Here's a sunset shot that looks right out of "Lord of the Rings"

100_2117.jpg

Well the fishing was good and the company even better, can't wait till next year.

Guest mistyriver1

Great pics Graham, thanks for sharing.

All these Lakair reports are getting the juices flowing. Can't wait till August when I head up there.

Hey Graham, as Chuck said... thanks for the magic lure... lets hang around for the TIE breaker next time...I caught up to you quick with it... I bet I could have out fished you with YOUR lure.... :thumbsup_anim: hhehehhe (NO... you can't have it back..lol)

Great to have seen you, we enjoyed your company and fishing with you in your boat.. .so much more room.. thanks for taking us out....

Don't forget to head on up to Simcoe sometime... We'd be glad to show you the waters...