I watched open water, turn to ice

misfish

I can't believe the lack of snow 35 miles away! There'll be no safe ice up here anytime soon...  I've been plowing daily for the past week. Christmas day was 16" of fairly light stuff and yesterday was 12" of heavy compacted snow that came down similar to sleet. Almost thinking I live in PA right now!! That's my matching plow truck under there.. see the mirror..  :blink:

plowtruckwith3feetofsnow.jpg

Edited by irishfield

I have seen it form many times here in the last 21 years, including yesterday and today, I kind of take it for granted. 3 hours since there was a skim along the shore it is all water now with ice further out about a mile. Smooth as a skating rink which isn't common here, slight offshore or no winds and sub zero temps. The coolest thing to see and hear is the giant moguls that form along the shore melt in spring. It sounds like shards of glass sliding into a dumpster.

If you watch the hour hand on a clock closely you will see it move too. Brudder, you better get back to work soon before you start watching a clock.

Happy New Year to all.

1 hour ago, NAW said:

I am officially getting excited for some K-Bay fishing!! 

About this time tomorrow we should be disembarking the plane at the Miami Int. Airport. I won't go fishing until Saturday. I have a charter booked with my new Brother In Law out of Isla Mirada in the Keys for the 2nd with an option for the 3rd.  I have more tackle packed than clothing. Everything I need to wear is at Walmart.

You guys ice fishing don't forget the Sunscreen.

Saw to guys today on my lunch break try to go out on Kemp.  They parked at the Go Stn and walked across.  Tried to get on the ice by where all the ducks hang about between the tiffen st launch and the south shore center...  Anyone who has walked the water front knows that little patch stays open all year..... 

They didn't go far, then turned back..  

No floater suites.  No rope..    

Donkeys..

Edited by NAW

9 minutes ago, NAW said:

Saw to guys today on my lunch break try to go out on Kemp.  They parked at the Go Stn and walked across.  Tried to get on the ice by where all the ducks hang about between the tiffen st launch and the south shore center...  

They didn't go far, then turned back..  

No floater suites.  No rope..    

Donkeys..

No, the word starts with an A.