Where are the deer hunt reports ?

misfish

All I have been hearing is, this year was a banner year for harvesting.

If you have a report and pictures of your hunt and harvest, please post. I really miss getting out there the past 3 years. Next year I hope to be back at it. Well, I will be with the bow, but my use of a firearm is up in the air. Not because Im a criminal or anything like that, but a health reason. Hope to find out next month if I will be able to rifle hunt. Shot gun blast would be more detrimental I think. Will find out like I said.

Hanging of the harvest, is my favorite. 

Edited by misfish

Nice young buck Marty. He,ll never forget that one.

Thats a big doe Wayne. Your area does have ample food for them to grow that big.

Keep at it Andrew. He,ll give you a shot. Is the rut on ? The way the weather has been, they maybe mixed up still. LOL

Edited by misfish

The deer numbers here have been insane! Moose too.

I couldn't partake this year because of injury but I was gifted a nice doe! The dogs sure appreciate their carcass!

About a month ago I had to head to kenora and just before souix narrows I seen the biggest buck I've ever seen in person. It's probably up on someone's wall now lol. Man was it THICK!

Edited by manitoubass2

Still trying for my first. I haven’t seen anything since rifle opened. I saw about a dozen during bow but the only ones that came within range were two fawns (which I let go) and a spikehorn which I shot but just nicked him, the blood trail (which wasn’t much) stopped completely after 100 yards or so. 

I had a 10 point come out 20 minutes after dark last Tuesday. Hopefully he’s still alive and will come back during the day when I’m off next week. 

Didn't see anything but does during rifle season in Brockville a few weeks ago.   Will get back for muzzleloader.  Hopefully they're off the rut and onto food.   Should be a lot easier to pattern.

Pissed I lost my spot to hunt where I got that monster last year (Still waiting for the mount as well, lol)

I had a spike buck in my sights but he was in some really tall grass at about 30 yards. I passed on the shot rather than try to shoot and possibly just injure him.. I have seen deer each time out but that was the best opportunity so far.. 

Thanks guys for the reports . As I was walking through the bush to my river stretch, my thoughts were thinking of sitting in a tree. The wind was up, but the bush was so quiet. That was weird. I even had to step on a branch to see how far and loud it sounded.  I cant wait til next season to be out and sitting again. I drove back looking at bush areas on private land. I will be making my rounds come the spring and knocking on doors. See if I get lucky to find some property. I past 3 known spots on my way to the river. There were 3-5 trucks at each. It,s getting busy it seems around here.

If you want to get a 200lb Doe all you need to do is drive the I-90 through what they call the southern tier of NY state and into Pa and Ohio. The side of the highway is littered with massive deer in November, big Deer. It's illeItgal to stop on the interstate to load road kill unless you hit it, 10 years ago at least.

Right away with trying to call me a A$$ without knowing the facts. This is why many newbies don't return here. I'll take the high ground and let it go.

Buddy of mine has a deer processing business and has butchered thousands of deer of the years. He was asked to do a demonstration of how to butcher deer at Cabela's a year or two back and I dropped by to see him do this. One of his first questions to the crowed was how many of you shot a 200lb "doe".......many hands were raised and he laughed and said he could count the number of 200lb "does" on one hand and said how heavy is this deer hanging here. No one came even close as it field dressed out at 87 lbs. 

BTW when talking weight of deer, we always field dress our animals before putting them on the scale.

If you'd been taking the high road, you would have never made the crack in the first place trying to look important!

FACT is, I know what I lifted into the truck. One fresh "200 lb or so" Doe that a seasoned hunter couldn't get in by himself. I don't care what it weighed after he hung and dressed it out.