1/8 inch clear tubing for hooks where to buy?

buick14

We carry that stuff 1/8"ID 1/4"OD (Regional Hose and Hydraulics)... I'm in Guelph but could get some transferred to our TO location (15 Connie Cres, Concord) if that helps. We buy in bulk 100' lengths, but i have a cut length in stock i can sell off by the foot.... Member price $0.15/ft... Let me know if that helps....

I have been looking for a way to stop the hooks of various lures from getting entangled with each other in my t'box. I have bought various gizmos such as those little 'hook bonnets' but nothing works well at all. If I put this tubing---stir sticks or whatever--- on the hooks, won't they be a pain to get off again?

Has anyone found a solution to prevent a tangled mess??

I am not sure why the OP said 'vintage' lures.

I have been looking for a way to stop the hooks of various lures from getting entangled with each other in my t'box. I have bought various gizmos such as those little 'hook bonnets' but nothing works well at all. If I put this tubing---stir sticks or whatever--- on the hooks, won't they be a pain to get off again?

Invest in a "Tackle Mate" box. They come in 8" and I think 12" for Musky guys. The best 90 bucks I have ever spent for a box. They hold up to 225 lures if you hook 1 onto each slot, 225!!! Still room for stuff in the ends for stuff. Look online, they keep all the hooks separated and easy to flip the vertical "pages" to see what you have. I have them organized by brand and or style and colour. Nothing more frustrating when you are in a hurry trying to get the lure that your buddy is slamming them with and you come out with 7 lures all hooked and jammed together in 1 big mess. I am amazed how hooks can get into rings etc. couldn't do it if you tried.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I mentioned vintage or collector lures as a descriptor, as I have seen many many lure collectors using this tubing. I purchased online before, but was hoping for local quick and easy for whenever I needed it vs hoarding it.

The drenan stuff would definitely work, but there really isn't enough included for the price. From experience, it goes quick!

Back to sir cranks- the tubing would be a pita for everyday use lures. I use green bonnets and I personally think they are great , but take up a lot of room. You can also buy those Plano 3771 that are thin with multiple adjustable storage compartments. Do a google image search, they are cool, but not for big tall baits/musky baits.

Those special mate boxes are beautiful, but depending on your applications , boat situation and etc, it doesn't offer the same storage and mobility options as clear planos. Very good boxes tho.