Anybody know of any boat trailer repair shops ?

buick14

Hello all,

I have hooked the back end of my ranger trailer somehow in a pothole, and it has bent/warped my rear cross-member.

Does anybody know of a shop that either straightens frames, or has the capacity to install a new cross member? I really don't want to buy a new trailer ....

I am located in Toronto area

Thanks for any suggestions and help

Edited by buick14

Hello all,

I have hooked the back end of my ranger trailer somehow in a pothole, and it has bent/warped my rear cross-member.

Does anybody know of a shop that either straightens frames, or has the capacity to install a new cross member? I really don't want to buy a new trailer ....

I am located in Toronto area

Thanks for any suggestions and help

What make of trailer is it? On some makes the rear crossmember is bolted on and it might be less expensive just to replace it

Thanks everyone !

Nah, trailer isn't tracking crooked that I know of. IT would not be so bad, but the problem is the rear bunk connectors are on that cross member, and they are now on an angle. I assume they are no longer able to carry the load and will continue bend and potentially cause more problems in the long run

Rare cross member is welded in. It's a ranger boat trailer combo . Piece of junk trailer imo as the rear brace has always literally been inches off the rod and I scrape everywhere ...

Edited by buick14

If you don't mind travelling, I'm pretty sure Fergus welding can fix it. 197 Beatty line north. 519-843-3722. They made me up a new axle when I bent mine and they where fast and very helpful. It's an old school shop. Mind you I have no idea where you live?

Thanks all this gives me some hope and a great place to start (and end hopefully). Would prefer Hamilton to Fergus, but fergus is better than a new trailer !!!!

And I hate photobucket I'll be damned if I pay $399 to use that mediocre service