Fishing therapy /no pics

Well the past days have been tough. My youngest daughter and my nephew went missing briefly.

Talk about a mind ......

But by the grace of God we found them safe and sound.

Without getting into details, the perp has been charged.

It's been a long 2 days. So me pops and I hit the water of LOTWs at 4 am. Target, brule point.

Did not disappoint. We hit maybe 40 or so Walters, a tonne of snot rockets and a few good bass(smallies)

Pops took an OT shift so we were off the water around 1pm

All in all a great day, and some much needed therapy

Keep your family safe folks. This all happened in a blink of an eye. And I've never been more terrified in my life

Im sure y'all understand.

Be safe, happy, healthy and tight lines! Most of all, keep them kiddos SAFE!

Also, credit to the OPP for being amazingly helpful

Edited by manitoubass2

Wow How did I miss this before we headed out today? We didn't get an Amber Alert, why not? Actually the last alert we did get in June was for where you are exactly, Emo. Same guy? I'll try the phone again, it's supposed to be a Smart Phone. Does everything from taking HD movies to anything a PC can do, everything except making a TELEPHONE CALL!!!

Got your machine, now the lady says "we did not get your message because you are not speaking clearly" What? It's as clear as I speak without being influenced by something.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

You didn't get an Amber alert because my dumb ... Didn't call OPP right away

It's incredible what goes through your mind and how illogical your thought process becomes

But OPP, thank God, took it as serious as they should. We spend all July 1st at the office being questioned etc. They flew in a special investigator and the whole nine yards

Edited by manitoubass2

We had a 4 year old go missing here last summer. With in 10 minutes of discovering he went missing there were no less than 50 neighbours scouring the lake shore and checking back yards and sheds. By the time the kid was found there was 100 of us looking and calling his name. 5 OPP cruisers and 2 of their shadow SUV's were here in less than 10 minutes after being called. They told us where to look, under boats, in bushes etc. Very organized in a short time frame. Calculating how far a 5 year old can walk in the time he was discovered missing. They set up a roadblock at the bridge in town and checked all the vehicles.

I was emotional during the search I can't imagine how the parents and you guys Rick would be feeling. All you can think of is the worse scenario.

Luckily we found him hiding in the rocks along the shoreline. When everyone was calling him he thought he was going to be in trouble so he hid.

I'm glad the perp was caught. How did you know they were missing?

Thanks

They never leave the yard without asking, so it was a dead givaway

After canvassing the neighborhood it was even more clear.

Again, props to OPP. You never wanna see it of course, but im astounded how quick and coordinated they worked in this case

Unbelievable

Edited by manitoubass2