bluetooth fm transmitter, any recommendations?

huzzsaba

My older car does not have an aux port to play audio from usb or other devices etc. I recently heard about bluetooth Fm transmitter being a cost effective solution, at the same time heard that the quality is not that great. Maybe better brand has better quality?

Does anyone have any experience with these? Any good brands out there anyone have experience with and can recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by huzzsaba

its old but not that old ;) .

its a 2004

I used one in my 1988 Firebird, ran that car into the ground, loved it in the summer with the T top. Used it with a Sony CD walkman and a 512 Mb mp3 player LOL. My present 2006 Jeep has your problem, I just burn stuff on CD, old skool. :canadian:

I used one in my 1988 Firebird, ran that car into the ground, loved it in the summer with the T top. Used it with a Sony CD walkman and a 512 Mb mp3 player LOL. My present 2006 Jeep has your problem, I just burn stuff on CD, old skool. :canadian:

Thanks Dave. that is what I have been doing until now but tired of cds skipping and wearing down too fast. I have been buying cds to burn from dollarama. Not sure if there are cheap quality cds and better quality ones that are more resistant to scratching and wear.

I've been using that stupid tape thing in my 04 4Runner. It kinda sucks, but not nearly as much as my fm transmitter did. Now, I do think the FM transmitter could work better if you were somewhere up north where there isn't a lot of radio stations. Around here, there's a signal on almost every number that's as strong, or stronger than your tiny transmitter, so there's always a lot of interference.

My suggestion even though it isn't much help, is keep an eye on Kijiji, in the past month I've picked up one for my truck for $65, and one for my wife's car (brand new) for $80. Install is pretty straight forward.

I'm going to use one of these out @ the cabin.

Best thing besides USB, bluetooth etc is it's shallow enough to fit in a 2X4 wall!!! :D

Gonna be sweet streaming from my ipod out on the deck. :)

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/pioneer-mvh-291bt-1d-car-stereo-0350325p.html#srp

$124 with free shipping on Amazon.ca.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=MVH+291BT+1D+Car+Stereo

Edited by pikeslayer