NF Trent Lakes Waste Management ...getting ridiculous

buckhorn250

We Canadians and Americans are the 2 most wasteful nations in the world. Every visitor from around the world were amazed at what resources we wasted just in our division of the steel plant. We could provide heat and energy to a thousands in the city with what burns as waste gas. They used some of this waste gas prior to WW2 to heat most of the houses around the plant.

Standardization of parts? Just imagine how much time, energy, and money could be saved if all car rims had the same bolt pattern? Since I am a geezer? I remember when pop bottles had a deposit on them! and kids picked up ones laying around for free!

Man, and here I thought it was a nuisance I can only put out 4 bags of garbage per week, and the landfill is only open 3 days per week.

Guess I got it pretty good

Oh, our landfill is free

When I was in grande prairie, recycling was big business. You got paid to recycle. Anything recyclable was worth money, you just had to bring it in.

Edited by manitoubass2

Man, and here I thought it was a nuisance I can only put out 4 bags of garbage per week, and the landfill is only open 3 days per week.

Guess I got it pretty good

Oh, our landfill is free

When I was in grande prairie, recycling was big business. You got paid to recycle. Anything recyclable was worth money, you just had to bring it in.

no disrespect, but shouldn't a dump on or around the reserve try to divert as much as humanly possible??. They should be the leaders in waste diversion...

no disrespect, but shouldn't a dump on or around the reserve try to divert as much as humanly possible??. They should be the leaders in waste diversion...

No worries, but I don't understand what your point is? Sorry.

Shouldn't that be the goal of every landfill?

No worries, but I don't understand what your point is? Sorry.

Shouldn't that be the goal of every landfill?

yes it should be the goal of every landfill and when you move onto the reservation hopefully they will be far ahead of what happens off reserve... When you bury crap you no longer see it but it will come back to haunt you eventually.. As outdoors people we should all be concerned about preserving mother Earth...

yes it should be the goal of every landfill and when you move onto the reservation hopefully they will be far ahead of what happens off reserve... When you bury crap you no longer see it but it will come back to haunt you eventually.. As outdoors people we should all be concerned about preserving mother Earth...

Our dump looks as good as a dump can lol.

Also, it's not illegal to scavenge from our dump on the Rez with in some ways I think is very good.

When I worked for rrfn, we did have a disaster though maybe 6 years ago and have a forest fire go through. That was me first day as a volunteer firefighter

Next time I'll up there I'll take a pic

Also, it's not illegal to scavenge from our dump on the Rez with in some ways I think is very good.

I think scavenging is very good too. Reuse, re purpose, keep it out of the landfill. Why not.

It was ok to scavenge at the Minden dump until someone grabbed a toaster, took it home and it set their house on fire. Then they had the audacity to sue the county. Now there's no scavenging allowed.

Dump related but not relevant, has anyone been to the dump south of Chapleau back in the day? I've never seen so many bears. You basically hand your garbage bag to a bear.

I think scavenging is very good too. Reuse, re purpose, keep it out of the landfill. Why not.

It was ok to scavenge at the Minden dump until someone grabbed a toaster, took it home and it set their house on fire. Then they had the audacity to sue the county. Now there's no scavenging allowed.

Dump related but not relevant, has anyone been to the dump south of Chapleau back in the day? I've never seen so many bears. You basically hand your garbage bag to a bear.

Yep it's very good imo. If someone else can use it, why not?

My uncle's friend in fort Frances used to do it there(it's illegal) and did 6 months in jail for it lol.

This guy that lives at the corner goes everyday it's open. I wish he didn't know I love golf because he feels the need to bring me everydamn golf club at the dump

You should see some of the sweet old-school fishing reels he's found and cleaned up though!!! Unreal!

Edited by manitoubass2

Did a bunch of Fly ins out of Chapleau in the late eighties. Used to go up the day before... rent a hotel for the night and just generally relax in town for a day before we flew in. At the beer store stocking up and someone in line started talking about the bears at the dump so we got directions and went for a look see. It became part of our yearly event. They would come right over to your vehicle lean on your window and look in at you waiting for you to give them some garbage.

They would come right over to your vehicle lean on your window and look in at you waiting for you to give them some garbage.

Yes. People reading this probably think we are exaggerating, but it was literally hand your garbage bag to a black bear, the garbage bag wouldn't touch the ground.

Edited by chris.brock