A fishing report is a fishing report

misfish

Was at the water at 4:30 this morning, slipped the toon in, sat on the boulder and watched the most beautiful glow, off in the horizon. Sat there with coffee in hand and just watched. When I was fully absorbed by this great sight,I set out for some white fish and laker jigging. The lake for some reason ,has been in a real funk. Many I talk to, say the lakes changing again. I think it,s the amount of bait that has grown in this lake. Herring,shinners, gobys and perch. Yes perch. We have been jigging them up in a 100 fow. Snagged most of the time, but they are down there . Fish are gorging on them. The proof would be the size of the fish caught these days. I remember catching lakers that had a huge head and small body. Have not seen that in the past years. Non the less, I am always heading out to try my luck. I marked fish in 120 fow all the way up to 55 fow. Some chased, some just came up off the bottom and had a look and went back down. I wanted to feel a tug on the line, so headed in shallow to give fly fishing a try for some perch on my bead head skud. Water is still cold. 2 weeks ago it was getting up to 60 deg. Then with all the winds the week after, the lake surface went to 51 deg. This morning it was at 60 deg. The weed is still way behind, and we are into June.

I added some new quick connect holders to the toon. They worked out just as I thought they would. Just slide in the conduit and lock into place. I made the go pro arm longer, to get a better full view of the fishing action. I also added a rod holder to it for my trolling.

So the fishing was real slow for me, but a fishing report, is a fishing report. :Gonefishing:

Edited by Misfish