Spinning reel around $200

mistaredone

Check local Canadian tires they had Shimano Saros 2500 on clearance for 99 bucks regular 199. I know the Brantford , Cambridge and Woodstock stores did show some left a coup[le weeks ago. Just check clearance items on website and pick your store.

Check local Canadian tires they had Shimano Saros 2500 on clearance for 99 bucks regular 199. I know the Brantford , Cambridge and Woodstock stores did show some left a coup[le weeks ago. Just check clearance items on website and pick your store.

correct. that's how I got a new reel and rod last fall 1/2 price

Check out the new Shimano Ultegra Spinning Reels it's a new line from Japan that has replaced the "Saros" line of reels. Price sit's at $209.99 I believe super nice if a Stradic is out of the budget. The Nasci it impressive also at $139.99 Shimano is kicking ass these days in spinning/casting reels. Always have I guess but there mid range stuff if a lot better than it use to be. Check em out and good luck always fun getting a new reel.

True...quantum makes many reels of varying quality...but you get what you pay for. Then again I've had a number of crap Shimano reels fall apart on me. Salt fishermen put high end quantum right up there with the best of all reels. No better test of reel than salt fishing. Do check out the Cabo also.

I have 4 stradics,one I bought back in 1991 or2 that still works beautifully,another one that I bought in about 2000 ,same thing still works great and 2 newer 2500 FJs I bought in the last 2 years hopefully they will last as long as the first 2. I also grabbed Saros on clearance from CT last month,hoping it is in the same quality level. Great reels I would not even consider another brand,although I had a Cardinal Gold Max that lasted about 20 years that was a great reel.

Daiwa reels have never done me wrong

Me neither. I have no issues with any diawa reels.

I also have a couple 1000 size Ardent spinning reels that have been fabulous so far. 3 seasons on them, hardwater and spring panfish. They are great.

I liked pfleugers too until they fell apart. Salt water smoked em! Never again!

S.

Just bought the Stratic FK c3000hg. Had the Ci4+ in my hand and the FK just felt more solid. Spent $350 tax in and spooled with 20lb PP. I think I'm going to put it on a 7' med heavy, fast tip Shimano Crucial. Thanks for the input.

If anyone is looking to get a Ci4 I just recently bought one off of ebay from simmons sporting goods.

I was able to get up here for 270 CDN taxes+shipping all in...not too bad

Edited by AKRISONER