Fits like a glove. Thanks Fishfarmer

misfish

I thought I had my ice smitty for this year all done and ready, when a deal came up I just couldnt pass on. So after some bartering, I was able to get 6, laker and white fish charters for the one I built this year.

Couldnt pass up on a great deal from the fish farmer. Picked up the hut yesterday, built a smitty for easy travel today. Pick up a travel cover for it Sunday morning. Ice gods are in my favor it seems. LOL

Fits like a glove.

KIMG0040.jpg

KIMG0045flip.jpg

Bring on the ice

Word of warning to the L.Trout and Whities! WATCH OUT, "B" is a lookin!!!

Go getem Bro.

Try and get that Terry guy :dunno: signed up for MS :good:

I think he,s away that weekend.

Dave, did you spray anything on the poles? Only ask, as they seemed to just slide so easy after all those years you had it. Went up in seconds.

Edited by Brian B

What do you mean by "charters"? Maybe an ice fishing inside joke. Been years since I went out on the ice to fish. In the old days we went out almost every week somewhere. I'm talking 20 plus years back. Then if there was ice here on Erie we would rent a shack at St. Williams for perch and cut a few holes ourselves. If there is anyone that does rent huts on Erie it is up to over 50 bucks a day per person not including minnows. Crazy. My wife came with me a few times believe it or not and she really enjoyed watching me loose my Oakley's down the hole unhooking her fish then spend a few hours trying to snag them in 7' of crystal clear water. Eventually the current came along and I went 0 for 500 trying to hook them.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I have caught a total of 1 Whitefish in my life Brian. Off the Rock Cottage at Bear Creek, Nipissing. I have to admit I was sound asleep when she hit. Nothing better than to have a nap in the sunshine in May after the Winter Olympic games at the plant. It was a nice one too, weighed in at 10 pounds, it used to be 8. We had no idea what to do with it other than we knew we were going to eat it. So when in doubt stuff it and bake it with Moms standard fish stuffing. If the fish isn't good eat the stuffing. Man we were pleasantly surprised. A flaky sweet meat. I will never pass one up no matter what the lips look like, now if only I can catch another in the next 30 years.

One day the guys brought in an entire stringer of them in from the Ottawa, the only problem is they were some kind of big Shad.

I think he,s away that weekend.

Dave, did you spray anything on the poles? Only ask, as they seemed to just slide so easy after all those years you had it. Went up in seconds.

Only thing I ever put on them was a little Silicone spray, haven't sprayed them for a few years, could be time for a little squirt.

Plus when I put it away for the summer I throw a few moth balls in to keep the mice out. I always hung it up on the wall of the garage to keep it up from the floor.

To keep critters out of your boat, bike and other stuff I shave up Irish Spring soap and put it in Tupperware tubs, plus dryer sheets and moth balls. Works well because I haven't had any mice damage in my boat or Harley when I had it, or it's like Deer gear that is a wives tale and I just have been lucky. And she likes it too.