Very cool firepit (NF)

Canuck

Near our cottage, on Lafontaine Rd, there is a metal fab guy that does some really neat stuff. These are so cool. Some are wilderness scenes. These globes are pretty neat.

I don't want to know how much they are to buy though.

IMG_0979.jpg

we have a 1/2 one (no top other than a removable one to add wood and reduce sparks) of wild animals. It wasn't much either as places like CostCo and others are now selling them. But that image the person making it did a heck of a job! I'd rather the "death star" then if custom work is in play... ;)

Edited by GBW

Ok. I did some googlin'

Turns out they are pretty established and well known. Very unique and have done some very well known projects, like the steel cone sculptures in front of the Air Canada Centre. The web site is pretty interesting. Nice to see a successful business in the little ol town of Lafontaine.

http://www.liwi.ca/

Edited by Canuck

The BBQ shop by me in Oakville had a couple small ones and pricing was around $+600 each. A buddy had one and depending on where you sat the heat coming off certain spots was like a blast furnace

Would be crazy cool to have ones with distinct lakes carved out

I'd SO get one but cannot afford to toss out the working one I have to upgrade for "coolness factor" but if I was in need I'd be all over it!