Toon manufacturing defect ? It was covered under warranty.

misfish

The day started out so nice as you can see

DSCF3175 s.JPG

As the morning went on, I noticed the right toon was going down slowly. So no biggie,just go in and tighten with the supplied factory wrench. Not to tight, just snug. Blow it back up to 1.5 bar and head back out. Wouldnt you know it, it was still going down. So not to get caught with a flat toon, I headed in and home. Grab the valve out of the old one I kept as a spare and swap them out. Put the old one in the new and the new in the old and blow them both up. The new one still went down slowly and the old one held strong.

On closer looking at the new one, I found this. The insert was cracked in many places.

Would you say this is a defect? I never did anything wrong to this. Just tighten snug as the label on the toon says.

DSCF3179t.JPG

I will be sending the pic to the distributor in the states. Im hoping I can get a replacement.

For now, Im good as the old one will replace this one. I now have a Kineirokie toon.LOL Why I dont throw things away. Glad I didnt.

DSCF3180t.JPG

Edited by Brian B

I think I was polite and to the point. All one can do is try right.

Good day

While out fishing this morning I experinced a slow leak in my right pontoon. When I came off, I removed the valve. Upon doing so, I found that the built in insert was cracked in many places. I have had this toon for one and half years. Used on weekends for fishing. It is stored properly. Always deflated when not in use. I can only see this as a defect, as the other pontoon shows nothing. I really enjoy this craft, but am disappointed that this could happen. They are not cheap to buy as you are aware. This is my second toon I have owned. That should tell you how much I enjoy them. For now I have taken my old spare toon and replaced the defected one. Is there hope that this can be replaced under warranty? I am willing to ship the bladder to you for inspection.You will see it is still in new condition.
I have attached pictures of the port.
Thank you
To add to the morning, I never caught so many 2 pound smallies. Was using micro tubes. I did get a real nice one as well, but me bye took the pic.

Brian don't email them send a hard copy letter registered mail. And call customer service and get them to give a reference file # from them. E mail complaints have a tendency to find the delete button, I know that from experience, if a customer is serious they will call and wait the 25 minutes or more to hear from a human being. Put in a few, "I love the product", "it is the best I have had", "I hope we can resolve this because I want to continue to recommend your companies Pontoons". Is there a warranty on it? If it has expired I might not even bother, just get it repaired and call it a day because that will be a long uphill battle. I might check the internet forums and research as to whether this is an ongoing problem with this companies valves. look at iboats.com pontoon and inflatable forum. I'm a member there, great boating forum. Sometimes they will extend warranties for a known defect. Probably just send a valve in that case and have you cover the labour.

What is the name of the company and model. I might have some time tomorrow to research for you as I know you are busy working or fishing. I blew my knee out Thursday so I won't be going too far for another few days.

Add the exact model number in the letter and find the receipt. Tell them this is your second purchase of the same company.

Does a cracked valve definitively cause a leak?

Good luck Sir and be like a Pit Bull with a bone, only a polite Pit Bull.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Brian don't email them send a hard copy letter registered mail. And call customer service and get them to give a reference file # from them. E mail complaints have a tendency to find the delete button, I know that from experience, if a customer is serious they will call and wait the 25 minutes or more to hear from a human being. Put in a few, "I love the product", "it is the best I have had", "I hope we can resolve this because I want to continue to recommend your companies Pontoons".

Does a cracked valve definitively cause a leak?

Good luck Sir and be like a Pit Bull with a bone, only a polite Pit Bull.

Yes, the only seal is the one on the bladder where it,s mounted. The plastic body is in the bladder. There are cracks all the way down the port. I could hear the leak.

I will print off what I emailed and send it in the morning as a back up.

Thanks Johnny.

That's a Classic Accessories pontoon, correct? Shoot them an email with pictures, they got back to me right away when I had the valve cage crack on a used pontoon I bought. I was able to buy a replacement through them for much cheaper than anywhere else.

That's a Classic Accessories pontoon, correct? Shoot them an email with pictures, they got back to me right away when I had the valve cage crack on a used pontoon I bought. I was able to buy a replacement through them for much cheaper than anywhere else.

Hi Tom yes, you are correct.

Im just very surprised at the amount of cracks in the valve cage ,as you call it. This should not happen IMO, to this unit only being a year and a bit old. Still waiting to hear back.

I did, at my own fault, bust a bladder on my old toon. I deflatted, but the valve closed up. The heat it,self, expanded the bladder and burst it. The replacement bladder was 150 usa shipped. If this is the case, I,ll just deal with what I have, and start looking at a fishing yak.

I hope they see it as a simple replacement. Fingers crossed.

I will say this though. The older toon is much better built then the new one. The bladder it,self is heavier material and the cover is thicker.

Just like everything these days, older made is always better.LOL

Thanks for the reply

And you other wisenhimers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:P:asshat::w00t:

:rofl2:

Well I am pleased to say, they are going to send me a replacement under warranty. They are going to ship in 24 hours.

Brian,

I can send a onetime replacement for you. What is your address?

Thank you

Angel

That is good customer service.

:Gonefishing: :worthy: :clapping: :Gonefishing:

Just the port valve thats cracked. I got to figure out how it goes in, as I have told them that it looks like it,s fused into the bladder. Waiting for reply on that. I thought it was a whole bladder, but I guess the port can be removed. I dont see it.

Also pm,ed Tom, as he has dealt with this.

Thats great when the people that you support, support you.

The best was the emails went back and forth quickly this afternoon. She was answering questions with,n minutes. Once we both were on the same page, it was a done deal with,n 15 minutes or so.

I went out to take two more pics of the bladder and port. When I came in to down load and send,Angel had already replied they were going to send a whole bladder with new valve.

Happy happy I am. And yes,,,,

Its great when the people that we support, support us.

The best was the emails went back and forth quickly this afternoon. She was answering questions with,n minutes. Once we both were on the same page, it was a done deal with,n 15 minutes or so.

I went out to take two more pics of the bladder and port. When I came in to down load and send,Angel had already replied they were going to send a whole bladder with new valve.

Happy happy I am. And yes,,,,

Its great when the people that we support, support us.

Amen!

Nice. Now you'll have a backup bladder and valve cage. I wonder if you could seal up the cracked one with aquaseal if it's still structurally sound.

I'd try flowing some thin Cyanoacrylate /Krazy glue into the cracks.