When is it too windy for St Clair?

Rizzo

Finally getting the boat out (tomorrow) for the first time. The plan was to go to St Clair out of Belle River. Winds are forecasted for 30 k out of the west. Any higher I dont go for sure. Any lower I do go for sure. That 30 just puts me in the "What to do" zone. Not interested in driving farther and fishing Windsor area. My back up would be kawarthas instead. I am in a 16.5 foot alumacraft full windshield. Any thoughts?

Good choice not to go today. Every year my "no go" wind speeds are getting lower and lower. It is calling for very high winds here on Erie all week. 60KPH some afternoons. This week it looks like a bust here for fishing, this lake can kill you faster than a bullet as can many waters like Nipissing and Quinte when the wind is up. Pick your days.

I hear you Rizzo, work and life can sure cut into fishing time. There was a time before all this information highway when we would head out sometimes a 6 hour or more return drive for the day and pray the water was fishable when we got there. Like Hamilton to Quinte and back or Hamilton to Port Severn just for the day. Sometimes is wasn't safe but it never stopped us dough heads.

I wish I could pick my days. There is a reason tomorrow is my first day out! Lots of commitments will do that to a guy. Sounds like we may be heading to kawarthas if forecast doesn't change

Although this city is starting to piss me off Rog, I do like the fact Im minutes away from Simcoe and short distance from many other lakes to fish.

Although this city is starting to piss me off Rog, I do like the fact Im minutes away from Simcoe and short distance from many other lakes to fish.

I remember a time that there wasn't bumper to bumper traffic around Barrie. When it was "Up North". I couldn't drive there everyday now. It is really a suburb of T.O. now. When I go to Hamilton now I always say there is more cars on this corner and gridlock than all the cars in Haldimand County. I spent most of my adult life downtown Hammertown. I just cleaned the floors at our place and there were bird feathers on the floor. I never found bird feathers even on the 37th floor of my place in Century 21 in Hamilton. Bird feathers, look at what your cat dragged in my dear one.