open seat for balsam tmw.

Gnote

Ill be hitting balsam tommorow morning real early, i ve had 3 guys bail already lol

I want to launch early like 430-445 am to beat the rush and will be fishing in a deep v 14 ft with a 9.9hp.

I wont be asking for gas money or anything just bring your own gear and drinks.

Edit to add, if anyone else is going solo id consider jumping in with you, will pitch gas etc...

Edited by Gallie

Thanks for all the responses, i am going to go out solo so if you see me struggling to get the boat out at the end of the day jump in and help! Lol

As for the early start i would rather get there and beat the rush.

Thanks for all the responses, i am going to go out solo so if you see me struggling to get the boat out at the end of the day jump in and help! Lol

As for the early start i would rather get there and beat the rush.

I'm totally with you regarding the early launch! Plus, if it's where I'm thinking of, parking is limited as well! So the early bird definitely gets the worm there!

It's funny as soon as you get a boat everyone wants to go fishing, when they find out the cost they get busy. If I invite someone out it is on me. If they want to kick in a few Toonies great. When doing a 20 mile return trip and trolling all day is 100 bucks plus. not including slip, insurance, gas to tow, maintenance heck the cost of the boat. I figure 15 beans an houris my operating costs only. If I invite you I don't expect to be paid for expenses. If I invite you for dinner I don't tell you on the way out your steak was 8 bucks, the potato was 2, and the salad was $1.50, free booze.

A nice gesture Gallie.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

It's funny as soon as you get a boat everyone wants to go fishing, when they find out the cost they get busy. If I invite someone out it is on me. If they want to kick in a few Toonies great. When doing a 20 mile return trip and trolling all day is 100 bucks plus. not including slip, insurance, gas to tow, maintenance heck the cost of the boat. I figure 15 beans an houris my operating costs only. If I invite you I don't expect to be paid for expenses. If I invite you for dinner I don't tell you on the way out your steak was 8 bucks, the potato was 2, and the salad was $1.50, free booze.

A nice gesture Gallie.

X2

Thanks guys, i was the first guy out on the lake but nothing in the boat for me today, had a ski try to eat a little pike that i was pullin in but that was as close as i would get lol.

Gonna try again tmw this time i got a guy so double the odds of gettin one!

I hope it doesnt, after working outside all week and baking out there today ill take the rain lol

That was a great offer bud. With the fish still active here,no need to go else where for me. Yes the rain would be nice. If it,s just raing and no bolts,I like to stay out.

I always throw my bud some cash. Sometimes he dosent take it, sometimes he does. His boat,his repairs. Least I can do. Even offer when told it,s on them.

A nice gesture Gallie.

OIM

I,ll be down for a 3 nights stay. Nothing but steaks,lobster and shrimp please. Cold beers and a few scotch before bed time. Never did a club med, but me thinks, you just might be it.LOL

Edited by Brian B

Yes and no i guess, we had a flurry of activity around 10am but never managed to get one in the boat. It started when my buddys' bulldog came in tangled so he started trying to jiggle it loose boatside and a sea monster cruised in for a look. We then had a whole pile of follows and strikes but no hookups.

After that we saw nothing until we left around 4pm.

Not what i had hoped for as that puts my streak of no musky in my hands up to 9 fishin days but it was cool to see them just flick the switch for a bit there.