What species do you target most?

I fish nearly once a week all year for whatevers around....

the last couple of seasons my focus has mainly been trolling the Great Lakes for salmon, trout & walleyes - though I do still make the odd venture to our place in the kawarthas for bass/muskie/eyes

i do enjoy a good feed of perch too as well throughout the callander as well

love bass

walleye are a lot of fun

muskie and pike get my heart going

spring perch and crappie hold me over till the season opens

on the ice whitefish and trout keep me active in the winter

I hope to get an aurora trout when it's open again

what was the question

oh yeah..hard to say

The last few years I have fished mainly for Walleye, but I am no fanatic about it. At my age I don't feel that I have to prove anything to anyone, including my fishing buddy.

All the rest like Pike, Bass, and Perch are usually incidental catches when I am out for walleye, although I do target them once in a while.

Occasionally I fish for Crappie(when available), Channel Cat, Mud Cat, and Trout.

I am usually very easy to satisfy. I enjoy catching whatever is biting at the time and if they don't bite .............. That is ok too, I just enjoy being out there and relaxing.

Tom

May to August . . . CARP . . . August to October . . . salmon . . . October to December rainbows . . perch . . . January to March . . . . perch, crappie, whities & lakers, March . . rainbows & perch till the carp wake up again . . . but . . . . . this is REALLY surprising . . . . with ALL the carp threads, NOBODY targets carp??

Haven`t fished much lately but for the last 40 years bass was and is Number 1, always a challenge to try and stay up with the best methods and tactics. LOL what goes around comes around, with a new name.

For me it depended on where and why, a lot of my trips were practice for tournaments, first look at new lakes, refreshers for old ones.

Trips north the game plan changed, pike, muskie(they won) bass, walleye, fun fishing no particular purpose other than to see what I could catch and to get the wife and kids some fish, enjoy the scenery and learn.

1. Bass, smallies, largemouth, I don`t care some waters have both some don`t.

2. Pike or skis, just because my choice of travel would be north.

3. Steelhead? not the plan, the alternative, bass fishing has to be bad, or is it me?

4.Walleye! I like throwing them back and listening to the whining! Breakout the Spam!

5. Anything that is a challenge that interests me, that doesn`t involve dragging lures behind a boat on wide open expanses of water. Water has to be fresh!

Late November to the end of June it's Walleye, Pike and Lakers.

After Bass Season opens thats about all I fish for.

I almost feel like if I fish for something else during Bass Season, that I am missing out lol.

Fave is Smallies, then Largies. Or was that Largies then Smallies ?....

Hookset.