Small report

Locnar

On Thursday, I went for carp at a local marsh. Started at one spot, just at the mouth of a small creek... but nadda. No signs of feeding carp, no bites. So I decided to make a short 10 minute walk, which could nearly be called bush whacking... but at the shallow bay, it was windy and "choppy"... well for that body of water. But not long after I chummed a little bit, there were definitely signs of carp. After about 15 minutes I hooked up with the first fish of the day. And from there, I caught another 4 and had 5 missed bites. They were chunkers, not the biggest carps by any means, but great fun.

And yesterday, I took a little drive and set out after some pike. Managed to get 4 of em, mostly small... in the low 20"s, with one being 27"... which I took home for supper. Seemed a little slow and small compared to previous years. Could be a little early yet for the masses to pour into that area?

Here's a few photos.

8SxAPcW.jpg

aGmHese.jpg

5ESniXo.jpg

PUuGCMg.jpg

Also, glad you guys enjoyed the photos. Season started off quite well indeed, got out again yesterday for pike. Took my Aussie buddy along, and managed to get a 33"er 7lbs.

mQcrMmu.jpg

Aussie got himself this guy... right at the end.

MLmkQAU.jpg

But in reality, it was only a baby.

wRCnM5y.jpg