Short notice but

Big Cliff

I thought I had it all figured out, my son was going to come and give me a hand but unfortunatly his plans got changed.

I could really use a hand on Saturday morning for about an hour or two. Three or four young fellows with chest waders to help me with the marine railway and my dock would do it. I'd like to start at 8:00 if we could and it should only take an hour, two at the most!.

If you can make it please let me know so I can have everything ready to go.

If you can help it sure would be appreciated!

Big Cliff

Good luck Cliff, I'm sure some of our younger members will step up & help out. I'm a 3 hour drive to Lindsay area.

They will if they can, it's short notice and the first nice weekend this spring, lots of people are going to be busy with their own stuff to do!

OK, never mind, problem solved. Give a stuborn old man a barn jack and a come-along, a beautiful bright afternoon with no wind and a cold beer. The marine railway is now back where is should be and all hooked up and the first section of dock is in so all is good.

Many thanks to CPH who offered to come and help me even though he had plans to go fishing, that's a true friend!

OK, never mind, problem solved. Give a stuborn old man a barn jack and a come-along, a beautiful bright afternoon with no wind and a cold beer. The marine railway is now back where is should be and all hooked up and the first section of dock is in so all is good.

Many thanks to CPH who offered to come and help me even though he had plans to go fishing, that's a true friend!

Yep, I do the same at my cabin.

Got a farm jack and a come a long.

No problem getting my dock in and out. :)

Only another 6 or 8 weeks until the ice is gone and I can drop mine in. :whistling:

Glad your work is done Cliff....my speedo just doesn't fit like it used too :whistling: My IOU list is still very long for all you have done for me. One of these days I will get to help you out in return.

Sheesh....and i was off today!! Damn!!

S.

Well I didn't know I was going to get home as early as I did and when I took a look at the calm water and bright sun shine I decided to go putter with it. Took me a few hours because the ice had mover the railway about 4' sideways but it was a rewarding way to spend an afternoon.

Kind of thought you might be out crappie fishing today.

Just saw this. Glad you got it worked out. Just call me next time. Also happy to hear that part of the dock is in. Last weekend I was up and the water was still pretty high. First time ever the ice/high water caused a little shoreline damage.

Just saw this. Glad you got it worked out. Just call me next time. Also happy to hear that part of the dock is in. Last weekend I was up and the water was still pretty high. First time ever the ice/high water caused a little shoreline damage.

No problem Paul, actually the water level has come up againsince last weekend, seems they are trying to hold some back to ease up on the flooding down stream.

my speedo just doesn't fit like it used too :whistling:

What did you do ?...Lose weight ?...Will we recognize you ? (just joking!))

Not at all my friend, my problem (as I am sure yours is) is that now when I wear it I can't see it, the belly gets in the way LOL.

Cliff:...That wisecrack was meant for Steve (CPH)...I wouldn't kid you about your weight...that would be like calling the kettle black...

Passed my seniors driver's test...I can drive for two more years !!!...Get the kids off the road...LOL

my speedo just doesn't fit like it used too :whistling:

What did you do ?...Lose weight ?...Will we recognize you ? (just joking!))

LOL. No weight lost here Beansie. I think I have to get back on track though. And no I have never owned a speedo so you don't have to worry about seeing me in one when we get out for some crappies/gills in a couple of weeks :angel: