trying to talk to my brother

mr blizzard

Sorry Rick, but you're out of line.

I dont believe so, sorry.

Id even chip in on plane tickets to help him get there.

Its a horrible situation no matter what, but he deserves to see his bro and vice versa, IMO

A phone call is no way to say goodbye imo.

In my family we'de travel continents to give peace.

Blizz hit me up, ill seriously pay for your ticket if needed

Edited by manitoubass2

I really appreciate it but after talking with him a few weeks ago which due to his condition I cant now.... because of his wishes he asked that myself and one other brother which are out of province do not come and see him since that would be like making him come to the realization that his last dime is expiring and there is no hope, coppers , the legit ones like military are trained to overcome the situation no matter what, I cant in good faith burst the bubble, his ethic looked after people in this country for over 30 years, even after being shot. but I truly appreciate what your saying :(

I'm with M2B2, go and see your brother. You said before you have the money to do it in a different thread. Your brother said not to come because I believe he was thinking about the burden on your family. Go see him before it's too late. Maybe it's just me but I don't think an internet forum is the place to seek advice on a personal matter as delicate and personal such as this. Please, just my opinion right or wrong. I am more than a bit old fashioned. I am most likely wrong here.

I'm with M2B2, go and see your brother. You said before you have the money to do it in a different thread. Your brother said not to come because I believe he was thinking about the burden on your family. Go see him before it's too late. Maybe it's just me but I don't think an internet forum is the place to seek advice on a personal matter as delicate and personal such as this. Please, just my opinion right or wrong. I am more than a bit old fashioned. I am most likely wrong here.

I appreciate what u are saying, but things have changed greatly in this country since the 70s and 80s

When my grand father went to war it was not for the almighty dollar is was first and foremost to protect the rights and values of this country, whether they came home or not, they knew they would not come home millionairs if they even came home at all, but that was a decision they made even at the costs of family

just a few decades later those values were still alive and real for all who were sworn in to look after this country, it just wasnt for a coushy pension, and when stuff hit the fan they were there to protect the people in the area they were responsible for, when they usually on their own arrived at a call many times without radio contact once out of the cars their minds were to protect the people who were being harmed, at that point they were not thinking about their kids or wives..there was an allegence to the oath which unfortunately for many reasons has become watered down, and that is just a fact, because of this it is not expected for some to have to understand nor should they have to, that is the role of a peace keeper

This site is amazing for the variety of topics that are raised and discussed, it touches on issues that we all enjoy or have to deal with in life, that is what makes this board so strong

Man up here and go visit your brother.

Nobody should say goodbye over a phone, go give him some peace

Not out of line. I agree 110%. If I had to hijack a go cart to see my family I would. This is getting ridiculous. It is an internet fishing forum for goodness sakes, not Dr. Phil but is starting to feel like it.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Blizz I sent you a PM.

Beside the story I told you in the PM that is personal I'll add this one. Many of us here have lost family through their service to our country. My Grand Father took shrapnel to the head in WW1 serving for the Crown and had medieval surgery then to put a plate covering his skull and he couldn't talk when I met him in 60'. He was interned at Camp Pettawawa in 1939 until the end of WW2 as an enemy of the Crown. There aren't enough question marks here to put at the end of that sentence. Not one red cent in reparations. Man Blizz, you aren't the only person here with a hard luck story.

Go see your brother, you said you had the $$ to last month and put an end to this thread. I'm the guy that says what everyone else is thinking.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

It is a decision only you can make and it is yours alone to make. I can pick you up at the airport/bus terminal/whatever, we have a queen size port-a-bed in Sue's craft room (I've never slept on it but I understand it is quite comfortable) and as mentioned earlier it's under 30 min to Bobcayegon and we can even loan you a car while you are here.

If you do decide you want it to happen all you have to do is get to the Toronto area and I can take care everything else. I know you would do the same for me if the situation was reversed.

Peace be with you!

It is a decision only you can make and it is yours alone to make. I can pick you up at the airport/bus terminal/whatever, we have a queen size port-a-bed in Sue's craft room (I've never slept on it but I understand it is quite comfortable) and as mentioned earlier it's under 30 min to Bobcayegon and we can even loan you a car while you are here.

If you do decide you want it to happen all you have to do is get to the Toronto area and I can take care everything else. I know you would do the same for me if the situation was reversed.

Peace be with you!

Big guy if you were Roman Catholic you would be a Saint. Maybe you are, no you definitely are a Saint. We all can learn a few things from you but not everyone can be like you. You are one in a million Cliff. Bless you man.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Big guy if you were Roman Catholic you would be a Saint. Maybe you are, no you definitely are a Saint. We all can learn a few things from you but not everyone can be like you. You are one in a million Cliff. Bless you man.

My sentiments exactly!

Your one of a kind Cliff!

I understand how you feel Blizz, but I think you should make your way down.......

Godspeed

Peace be with you!

Thanks for the kind words but I can assure you I am no Saint LOL. It just so happens that I live close enough and have the resources to be able to help out. I have no doubt that almost anyone on this site would do the same in similar circumstances if they had the opportunity.